Subscriptions & Donations ×

Greetings!

indigolemon

Hi all, been pointed this way by Geoff on Facebook (I believe he's a prolific spamm ... poster on here ?) so thought I'd sign up and introduce myself.

I'm Graham, and I recently acquired a mint KB1 Legend, fully loaded, with one previous owner and 41k on the clock. I enjoyed it for 6 glorious weeks, before a hardtop came off a BMW convertible on the motorway, bounced off a van, then hit my car in the face. Damage wise, it bent the ATF cooler, forcibly removed the number plate holder, and most annoyingly, triggered the pedestrian impact doodads under the bonnet hinges. Gutted doesn't even begin to describe how I felt, especially when the insurance classed it as a "structurally damaged write-off".

I have since bought it back, bought a donor car with a burst engine, and rebuilt her (we have technology). All the work is now completed, and I got her back yesterday looking minty fresh once more:

huzzah.jpg

Thanks for reading ?

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hello and welcome to the club Graham, sorry to hear about your run-in with a BMW seems to be very common these days, saw one on fire the other day. Anyway glad you've got your quality motor sorted, looks great BTW 

• Like 4

• Founding Member

Hi Graham,

Glad you found us in our little part of the net.  You’re in the right place for all things Honda related, especially the coupes, Accords, a Legends and other Honda engined motors.  The forum is run by Stu who is the Honda Guru, no one lifts the bonnet on any of my cars (or the wife’s) except Stu.  Don’t be afraid to ask any question no matter how silly and you’re sure to receive a swift and friendly reply from people who actually own and run these cars.

Lennie Legend says Hello:

15_A95_EA8-02_A3-439_F-9_D17-_ADDDE6_BC9

Have a look around and you’ll see some Legend posts regarding wheels, rust and a secret diagnostic menu that I got all excited about but was shot down in flames as it’s common on other Honda’s. 

While I’ve got you you say you had/have a donor car, have you still got it as I’m desperate for a alloy wheel or even the full set.  Or indeed any other bits you may have because as you’ve probably discovered, they only sold around 500 Legends in UK and getting parts is impossible sometimes without going to the states (Acura RL) or other side of the world.

Welcome again Graham.  

• Like 4

Hi Geoff,.

I do still have the donor car, and yes, I'm more than willing to sell bits on - so let me know if there's anything specific you need - I'll find it on the donor and you can decide if you want it! It's not in the most amazing condition, but apparently everything worked before the timing belt snapped.

Regarding the wheels, it's on a set of 4 matching MOMO alloys (18") which are not to my taste it has to be said, so will be going for sale eventually (once the car no longer needs to be moved). Happy to send you some piccies if you like?

Little bit of motoring background for me - this is my 4th Honda, the first three being Preludes (a 4th gen [JDM H22], a 3rd gen [B20a7], and then another 4th gen [JDM H22]) and as a result of this history I'm still an admin with the LudeGeneration forum ? Seems the knowledge jams in your head somehow!

I was Jolly amused to be able to reset the VSA light on the legend armed with only a paperclip, the paperclip being the Prelude mechanics diagnostic tool of choice. Made me realise that from my oldest Honda (1990) to the current legend (2007) a lot of things are still the same!

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Great stuff Graham. Yes, please send me some pics of the wheels, mine are the original alloys but two of them are severely curbed (see post on here) and getting just one is impossible. So a new set of four would be ideal.  Click on the message icon above as you could send them to me on here?  If not I’ll be happy to PM my email address.

I need a few bits and pieces If you have them;

1. Wheels. Covered above.  Please send me pics.
  2. Passenger side auto dim mirror.  Either the glass or complete unit as mine is cloudy. 
  3. Windscreen strips that go each side of the windscreen. My drivers side one is damaged.
  4. Plastic/Chrome look rear passenger side bumper trim insert.
  5. Maybe front grille as the plastic/chrome on mine is not perfect.

Good call regarding your Honda’s, the paper clip comment made me chuckle.  I’m Honda through and through as is my wife.  I’ve had four Accords, two Coupes and now the 08 Legend, which is my dream car after the NSX.  Wife had a Civic and now has a CRV which she loves.

I had to wait months to get the alegend and I very nearly had a Lexus 420 GS.  When one popped up on my radar I had to have it.  My view is you work hard and it’s nice to drive something special.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hi Graham, what a lovely motor? lurv that colour

You must have been gutted with the BMW encounter but good on you for saving her from the insurance scrappy, it's great to see there are still some people saving the real cars, especially Honda ones !!

Had three Preludes too , mk1, popup 2 litre and 2.2 rear wheel steer so with you there !

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Lennie Legend said:

I need a few bits and pieces If you have them;

1. Wheels. Covered above.  Please send me pics.
  2. Passenger side auto dim mirror.  Either the glass or complete unit as mine is cloudy. 
  3. Windscreen strips that go each side of the windscreen. My drivers side one is damaged.
  4. Plastic/Chrome look rear passenger side bumper trim insert.
  5. Maybe front grille as the plastic/chrome on mine is not perfect.

I'll be up at the site where I'm storing the donor later, so will get some pictures for you:

1. Wheels - pictures, yes!
  2. Wingmirrors? Unfortunately they're both very cloudy :(
  3. The external strips?
  4. Will get a piccie of it
  5. This grille is probably as bad, if not worse sadly :(

The front of the car, while straight, has seen a lot of stonechips etc - I actually opted to have my bumper resprayed rather than use the one from the donor as a result!

15 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Hi Graham, what a lovely motor? lurv that colour

You must have been gutted with the BMW encounter but good on you for saving her from the insurance scrappy, it's great to see there are still some people saving the real cars, especially Honda ones !!

Had three Preludes too , mk1, popup 2 litre and 2.2 rear wheel steer so with you there !

Thank you! I was quite taken with the idea of a Legend, so when this car came up and wasn't in London, I was all over it!

Yes, my friend introduced me to the Preludes back around 2003 - which led to me spending over a decade driving them. Lovely cars, just a shame they're all getting to that age now :( 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Welcome aboard Graham! Good to see you rescuing your KB1 from the edges of a cruel fate!

Hope you can help Geoff out with some wheels which should leave you both happy - Geoff deliriously so as he'll have a full set of undamaged wheels and you because i'm sure he'll cross your palm with silver, gold or other currency of your colour choice for them! He's not fussed, he just alters the ink settings! :lol:

Joking aside, would be great to see a result for both of you!

I've got an older "Legend in disguise" more commonly known as a Rover 827 Sterling - i did until recently also have an 827 Coupé but sadly sold now.

Like Geoff says, this is the best place on t'internet for all things Honda, especially V6 so you're definitely in the right place! ;):D

• Like 2