Subscriptions & Donations ×

Which Engine Oil 2005 -2010 KB1 Honda Legend 3.5 V6

hughezee

• Administrators

As a follow up to past discussions regarding engine oil and the problems with Honda 0W20 p/n: 08232P99K4LHE when used in older engines, which results in oil leaks, high oil consumption and excessive valve train wear and engine noise.

So I have illustrated a few of the most common oils used by myself or recommended by other members, so if you are looking for just a standard oil I would recommend Mobil 1 ESP 0W40 or Castrol Edge 0W40 (not GTX or Magnatec). Owners looking for improved fuel economy and performance I would strongly recommend Motul 8100 X-Max 0W-40 Fully Synthetic.👍

MOBIL ESP.jpg

EDGE.jpg

41AO0xvG8jL.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: the information within this topic has been kindly contributed by one of our experienced members and has been extensively researched and found to be correct by independent testing or external resources.

Regards SITE DEVELOPMENT.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Founding Member

Lennie will be having most of his fluids replaced tomorrow and he’s looking forward to his spa day at Honda HQ.  Yes he does talk to me...it might have been in German previously but he’s now speaking English.  :D

ill be taking pics at various strategic points along the way and post them up tomorrow.  ;)

Off to bed.  Beep Beep. Hondaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Lennie Legend had a great day at Stu’s, he certainly runs a bit quieter and Stu said the MPG should increase a bit and the emissions should reduce too, so happy days.

The main priority now the essential fluids are done is the rear differential fluid change and Lennie will be one happy Legend.  B)

As always, many thanks to Stu for his expertise.   

• Like 3

• The topic was pinned
  • 10 months later...
  • Moderators

Think the original honda part number is 15400 RBA F01

Honda changed a lot of individual filter numbers for just a couple of filters to suit cars across their ranges, they did the same with motorcycles too.

Stu should be able to confirm the correct one but if the S2000 filter, bigger of the two available will fit, i would go for that . 15400 PCX 004

• Like 2

• Administrators
10 hours ago, RevvinKevin said:

Can't see anything on oil filters for the KB1. Do you have a Honda part no.

I would suggest just get the standard Honda filter: 15400RBAF01 for the KB1 or the Blueprint ADH22114, the 15400 PCX 004 filter is a great suggestion from Pete, but given the location of the filter, it could foul the sump pan. I would just get a filter from cox's and you get a new sump washer too: https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-legend-oil-filter-sump-washer/

Hope that helps fella 👍

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

but given the location of the filter, it could foul the sump pan. I would just get a filter from cox's and you get a new sump washer too: https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-legend-oil-filter-sump-washer/

Hope that helps fella 👍

That's what I wondered too, the amount of space/clearance, as you say . The standard filter is quite a bit narrower so a good call.

• Like 2