Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe ECU Diagnostics, DTC Scanner

welland99

• Administrators

The 1998-2002 Accord coupe only moved to the standard OBD2 16 pin/plug socket, in late 2001 models with the F20B7 engine, so yours being an F20B5 engine will have the three pin connector and probably won't work on the protocols loaded on the scanner even with an adaptor cable? 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to ECU Diagnostics, DTC Scanner

That's a shame.  Before I read your replies, I already did a bit of googling and found this site:  https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehicle-list-compatible-obd2/honda

I thought it was saying that there would be an OBD2 port on the CG4, but it can't be (or I was reading it wrong).  

So, is the following correct:

OBD = 3 pin?

OBD2 = 16 pin?

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

The 1998-2002 Accord coupe only moved to the standard OBD2 16 pin/plug socket, in late 2001 models with the F20B7 engine, so yours being an F20B5 engine will have the three pin connector and probably won't work on the protocols loaded on the scanner even with an adaptor cable? 

Stu, do you have any engine / vin numbers ranges for OBD2 series? Just wondering about mine.

As far as three pin connectors go I presume one connection is an earth or return feed... Just wondering if the Roverguage system could be useful or adapted??

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Thanks for that might have to try that out presuming only a three pin plug in Coupe. I have an Icarsoft CR Plus so hopefully should be able to do something !

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe ECU Diagnostics, DTC Scanner