Subscriptions & Donations ×

Legend KA9 rear wheelarch repair sections.

PaulMac

My purple KA9 Legend has some areas of rear wheelarch corrosion. The previous owner has a bodyshop fill them from the rear with fibreglass filler then fill and paint. It is now back through. Has anyone found a rear arch repair panel that will fit these vehicles? I believe that there are no panels available.

• Sad 2

• Administrators

The key is cut out the rust and replace with new metal :huh: when I was faced with a repair on an old prelude which had a couple of half-hearted repairs previously. I looked at other cars with similar rear arch styling and sourced two replacement panels for an Audi and very little work to get them to fit and follow the original lines and still going strong 8 years later no rust, maybe a long shot but worth a look.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

I don't know if this is going to be helpful or not but i know someone is sourcing and commissioning the manufacture of some rear wheel arch repair panels for the Rover 800 range. Obviously for the early Legends this would be a pretty close fit (if not exact) but not so sure on the later Legends. ;):D

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I'm in the same/similar predicament as Paul, ive got rear arch rust, boot rust and sun roof rust. Rear arch will be manageable but other 2 spots will be tricky to deal with definitely considering cut out metal replacement method.

• Like 3