Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Coupe 2.7l Exhaust, Rear Silencer

AhsyV6

• Founding Member

does anyone have any ideas as to where I could get a decent rear box for a legend 2.7 coupe from? The outer skin on my friends coupe has rusted off and he was asking me to enquiry on here. You may say that an original Honda would be my best bet? 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think Honda may be your only choice Ahsy. That said Klarius still list it :

543765.png

Part number you'd need is HA180J for the Klarius one but i can't find a listing on ebay or ECP. However i've done a bit more digging and found this :

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Honda_Legend_Exhaust Back Box.aspx

Looks like a Euroflo number, not bad exhausts but usually need a bit of "fettling" to get them to fit.

Alternatively, how far from Ipswich is your friend? There's a company there called Demand Engineering who will make one from stainless steel or even a complete system

http://demandengineering.co.uk/

I've seen their work and it's good so could be worth a try. ;):D

• Like 1

• Founding Member
3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I think Honda may be your only choice Ahsy. That said Klarius still list it :

543765.png

Part number you'd need is HA180J for the Klarius one but i can't find a listing on ebay or ECP. However i've done a bit more digging and found this :

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Honda_Legend_Exhaust Back Box.aspx

Looks like a Euroflo number, not bad exhausts but usually need a bit of "fettling" to get them to fit.

Alternatively, how far from Ipswich is your friend? There's a company there called Demand Engineering who will make one from stainless steel or even a complete system

http://demandengineering.co.uk/

I've seen their work and it's good so could be worth a try. ;):D

Thanks so much for your effort Dave in finding these options 

• Thanks 1

• Founding Member
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

Think a full custom stainless steel system would be the better option, not sure about the 2.7 but the Mk2 3.2 legend has an exhaust valve setup in the rear silencer and stock is exhausted on those :rolleyes: pardon the pun.

He has to also think about costs so I'm not sure if a full custom system will be the right thing for him....but I'll tell him 

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

He has to also think about costs so I'm not sure if a full custom system will be the right thing for him....but I'll tell him 

Typically a single straight pipe, twin exit CAT back exhaust will cost around £300-350 and will take a couple of hours to copy and replace the old exhaust.  Although I did spot this walker silencer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Muffler-SoundFX-Direct-Fit-Muffler-WALKER-18374-fits-87-90-Acura-Legend-/292234042160?

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

My friend paid about £400 for the complete system on his Rover 820 including decat box. The system is very similar to the one on the Legend Coupé except obviously the front pipes are slightly different.

I'm sure it would be about the same for the Legend Coupé and it's a fit'n'forget thing - once it's done he won't need to worry about the exhaust again. Chances are a genuine Honda back box probably won't be far off that anyway!

Lings Honda are showing the exhaust as obsolete :

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk?block_01=17SG001&block_02=B__0200&block_03=21111&block_05=hcr

B__0200.jpg

The worrying bit they do have prices for are the tailpipe finishers :

17: 18310SB0023 FINISHER, EX. PIPE £44.43

Near enough £45 each so that's £90 just for the tailpipe finishers! Can only imagine the back box is probably ten time the price of one so about £450 at a wild guess. Rock Auto in the USA might have one but no, they don't.

Not sure if the one Stu found will fit as i've found two different part numbers for the back box depending on whether it's a saloon :

16: 18307SD4A53 SILENCER COMP., EX. £0.00 (unavailable)

or a Coupé :

16: 18307SG0A07 SILENCER COMP., EX. £0.00 (unavailable)

Maybe the sedan/saloon one will fit and be fine or maybe there's a subtle difference that means it won't - Stu, what do you think?

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

Thanks so much for your effort Dave in finding these options 

You're welcome Ahsy - another option would be an aftermarket universal twin tailpipe back box but it would depend on how original he wants it to look/sound. With a custom built system, he could have it sounding exactly as he wants it.

Only thing is, you always get a little rasp with a stainless system, not unpleasant though. ;):D

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Not sure if the one Stu found will fit as i've found two different part numbers for the back box depending on whether it's a saloon :

Good point Dave, but the walker systems are clamp together jobbies so cut the old one off and slide this one over. :P:lol:

Personally, I would treat the deserving motor to a one-off cost stainless system and chalk it up, I have lots of experience with various exhausts including Walker & Klarius systems and they are a cheap fix and will not last long.

• Thanks 1

• Founding Member

I see you made a new post with this topic.....I wasn't sure if I should but glad you did. 

Ive passed all the info to my friend he asked me to make sure I thank you for all your suggestions, input and research.....he said that there's a good bunch on the forum and they took time to research it for him......much appreciated 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Just my two penneth, 

When I had the Legend Coupe, 3.2, I found it cheaper to get one of the local bike exhaust places to make up a silencer to match the existing one (stainless) so impressed I got them to do the rebuild on the manifold / downpipe split (literally) and de-cat too, sounded awesome.... well as an auto can sound with a nice exhaust...

Did I mention it was a money pit?:rolleyes: but it was worth it at the time :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1