Subscriptions & Donations ×

Leather Restoration/Repair

AhsyV6

• Founding Member

Wanted to share my latest purchase.

I'm lucky to have "minimal" wear on my bolster but it still bugs me. So I have been keeping an eye on this website for a couple of years or so to see if they reduce their prices. I am happy to say that they are offering a 50% sale for January so I pounced on this offer.

I ordered the following: 

1 leather glue

1 small leather repair kit which comprises of:

sand paper

protective gloves

application sponges

red scouring pad

250ml colourant in Light Beige

250ml Leather prep 

150ml gloss leather finish

150 Matt leather finish

I have to say that I am well impressed with the contents of the box as I wasn't expecting the additional 5 bottles of 30ml of various colourants which are provided as mixers to get an exact match if required. 

This lot would have cost would have cost £54.50 but got £27.25 discount and then it cost £32.25 including postage. I think that's a brilliant price considering the contents. 

Now the proof will be in the pudding but I am confident the results will be very good considering all the you tube vids I've seen.

I will of course do a write up at some point but as some of you may already know this might take a while for me to get round to.

http://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/product-category/leather-repair-restoration/

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators

I did some visible wear on the Odyssey leather before swapping it over, I purchased a kit from the scratch doctor for about £17 and it was just as comprehensive as yours to my surprise with the tints and mixing bowls sponges ect :huh: Although I didn't like sanding the leather, but preparation is key after all and now it looks like new, so hope you get the results I did mate, keep us posted ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

Sorry about that mate but it was a smaller 60ml bottle of colourant if that makes you feel better, I was surprised what got for the money and it cost £17.40 all in and it's done three bolsters and four door cards so far ;)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380431276050?var=650044590876

That's the same mob as supplied the windscreen chip repair kit that fixed the screens in the Volvo recently and the Sterling a few years ago. Seems like they do some good products at sensible prices.

I might give the black one a try as i've got a few scuffs and scratches in the front seats of the Volvo, if it's as good as it sounds i'll get the beige to do the Rovers as well. ;):D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 04/01/2017 at 7:59 PM, AhsyV6 said:

Wanted to share my latest purchase.

I'm lucky to have "minimal" wear on my bolster but it still bugs me. So I have been keeping an eye on this website for a couple of years or so to see if they reduce their prices. I am happy to say that they are offering a 50% sale for January so I pounced on this offer.

I ordered the following: 

1 leather glue

1 small leather repair kit which comprises of:

sand paper

protective gloves

application sponges

red scouring pad

250ml colourant in Light Beige

250ml Leather prep 

150ml gloss leather finish

150 Matt leather finish

I have to say that I am well impressed with the contents of the box as I wasn't expecting the additional 5 bottles of 30ml of various colourants which are provided as mixers to get an exact match if required. 

This lot would have cost would have cost £54.50 but got £27.25 discount and then it cost £32.25 including postage. I think that's a brilliant price considering the contents. 

Now the proof will be in the pudding but I am confident the results will be very good considering all the you tube vids I've seen.

I will of course do a write up at some point but as some of you may already know this might take a while for me to get round to.

http://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/product-category/leather-repair-restoration/

image.jpeg

Just wondered if you had done any work on the leather yet? 

I have got a small hole in tge bolster, usual place and wondered if i could insert a patch and use leather fill to build it up.  I have used the furniture clinic stuff in the last couple years and they seem pretty good too, and quite happy to advise over the phone.

Did your kit have leather patches in too? 

You say beige is colour, is that your trim code? Mine says ivory so i assume the coupes have a number or trim colours?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm fairly sure there were only two colour options for interior trim, beige or grey. If the trim is called Ivory that will be beige or Stone Beige as i know it better. I can't remember just now where the ID plate is with the trim details on it (underbonnet i think or maybe the bottom of the passenger side B pillar) but there should be a paint code, usually three letters and a trim code, again usually three letters.

Assuming Honda didn't change it in later years, SMJ should be the code for beige and LOY should be the code for grey. Done a bit of digging and the possible trim codes i've found are (not necessarily correct) YR169L and NH264L which confirms only two possible colours, Stu will be able to confirm if those are the right trim colour codes (and will know where i got them if they're wrong!) and also any other bits you need to know. ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I'm fairly sure there were only two colour options for interior trim, beige or grey. If the trim is called Ivory that will be beige or Stone Beige as i know it better. I can't remember just now where the ID plate is with the trim details on it (underbonnet i think or maybe the bottom of the passenger side B pillar) but there should be a paint code, usually three letters and a trim code, again usually three letters.

Assuming Honda didn't change it in later years, SMJ should be the code for beige and LOY should be the code for grey. Done a bit of digging and the possible trim codes i've found are (not necessarily correct) YR169L and NH264L which confirms only two possible colours, Stu will be able to confirm if those are the right trim colour codes (and will know where i got them if they're wrong!) and also any other bits you need to know. ;):D

Hmm, the plot thickens, I have an "interior trim " code of "type F " 

The v5 says "ivory" 

Exterior code is "G87P "

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like type f trim is "cream ivory" ! According to couple of U.S. websites

The exterior colour is listed as Amazon Green in the service book too, it doesn't correspond to the code on the label, its actually a Dark Emerald Pearl (green) !!

• Like 1