Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Accord V6

RichardB

Hi - I am Richard and I live near Watford and I am 63 years young.  I bought my first V6 Accord(2001)  in 2004 from a main dealer for £12,000 and we had 8 happy years and 245,000 miles together until a 42 ton truck with a sleeping driver from Sweden decided to tip me across the M25 and wrote off the car but saved my life.  I bought another V6 accord for £2,000 on eBay and had fun for another 2 years until a friend sold me his Honda S2000 which I still use daily and the Accord had to go.  All I can say is that from once being so sceptical about Honda (in about AD2000) - - I am now totally committed and would buy nothing else. So, I have been trying to get another V6 Accord between £1-2,000 whilst I get the S2000 over the Winter - what a calamity the cars appear to be!!!!!   The engines are always excellent but the seats and bodies are somewhat dilapidated.  Anyone know where I can buy one please - I love the car so much.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome Richard.

Yes, they do seem to be a bit thin on the ground with most in a state of disrepair sadly.... I think this is the result of them generally selling cheap and people buying them to run into the ground. :(

I wish you luck with your search. :)

• Administrators

Welcome to the club Richard, as Bill says good examples are rare these days, although we as a club have helped many a member into a coupe from time to time and any questions don't hesitate to ask us, as age-related niggles may not have surfaced during your last experience with a coupe. For example servicing your coupe with honda's current fluids e.g type 2 coolant and DW1 transmission fluid :wacko: should be avoided or used with caution, as they are not backwards compatible as honda would lead you to believe. ;) 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome aboard Richard! Like Bill and Stu have already said, there are good cars around and correct servicing is vital to keep the car running as it should. Most things can be fixed and could potentially be used as bargaining points on a possible purchase, especially if you've got advice on a problem that was known about before viewing from here.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Welcome welcome welcome Richard to the bestest Accord Coupe Forum on the net.  We all drive these magnificent cars that really are a secret as no one knows about them!  245,000 miles is impressive!  There are two kind of coupes around these days:

1. MINTERS. Owned by people who appreciate the cars they are and maintain them regardless of cost.  Therefore these cars (usually looked after by our resident coupe Guru Stu) are the better ones out there. Due to their age and exclusivity parts can sometimes be a bit problematic but fortunately Stu usually has either a shed full of them or he's breaking one.  You must attend the next Honda 6 Meet where over a coffee and a burger you'll meet other likeminded coupe owners.
  2. SHEDS. These are run into the ground with little or no maintenance or even the wrong maintenance an fluids. When incorrect fluids are used for example, the gearbox will be toast and lost forever.  The car is then usually part exchanged for the next owner to thrash and part ex, the cycle continues until the poor old coupe is deceased. 

In in any event, we're a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to ask anything, no matter how silly and you're sure of an educated reply. 

It's not a serious forum by any means.....If you like double entendres, there's plenty of those too!  

Welcome again. 

• Like 2