Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hello

Mo_Wales

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around this site a few days now so I thought it be best to register and introduce myself. I don't own a Accord Coupe (yet) as current finances won't allow it and I know very little about fixing cars myself. However I'm looking to learn and I'm enjoying reading all the information posted on this forum. Who knows if a good one pops up around Wales I might take the plunge.

Cheers

Mo

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome to the club Mo, feel free to ask anything you like before you take the plunge and the coupes are in a different league compared to the standard Accord, I've owned or worked on all accord models and the build and comfort is superior. They are basically a face-lifted Acura CL so the suspension is soft so it may require a little tweaking if your that way inclined, Acura is Honda's luxury brand in America like Lexus but has been around longer in fact ;)

FYI any coupes around Wales would likely be snapped up by member Nigel, he owns two coupes including a Legend, he did put one up for sale a while ago maybe he could be persuaded to sell it??? linked below ;)  

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Hi Mo and welcome to the ONLY place on the wibbly wobbly for all things Accord Coupe.  Have a good look around the site, there's lots of information, pictures, tips and threads for this magnificent Ohio, USA built (and getting very rare) Coupe.  I've had both the 2.0i ES and my current V6 aka Purple Haze, which is my daily driver.  Welcome again.  ;)

• Like 2

welcolm mo. i have not been an owner for long but with the prices as they are now it would be time to take the plunge. far better car than a merc. ce or sec coupe. i know i,ve had both not the snob appeal but i,m sure the prices are going to rise. to me one of motorings best kept secrets.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome aboard Mo! Depends on your budget but sometimes cars come up at very cheap money all the way up to £3000, there's a lot of help, support and advice freely available here including a lot of "how to" videos which many members have found useful, even complete novices have achieved good results following the videos.

I'm the "rogue element" on here in as much as both my Hondas are thinly disguised Rover 827s aka Legends but i have owned a previous gen Accord coupe and i was meant to be buying the one Geoff now owns but that's a long and complicated story!

Anyway, feel free to ask anything, the silliest question is the one that isn't asked! ;):D

• Like 3