Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Rear Centre Light Cluster Seal "FIX"

hughezee

• Moderators

Just checked mine, same both sides, like a green strip along the bottom and yet there is no condensation in the fitting, no wet, or even damp, in the boot and it appears to a light green, not mossy coloured if you see what I mean !

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/31/2016 at 11:19 PM, AhsyV6 said:

All I wanted to say is that I did mine today and it came out p*** poor AND I sheared off one of the threads! I think I will clean up the original seals (which were in very good condition) and reuse them. Very frustrating day!

I'd like to remove my rear light from the boot lid to fix or replace the leaking seal, but I am fearful of causing damage if any of the nuts are seized to the bolts.  My end nuts ( 2 on each side) are very likely to be seized because water has been dripping off them for years.  

Can anybody recall how the bolts fix to the lights? Are they factory moulded to the light?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, welland99 said:

Can anybody recall how the bolts fix to the lights? Are they factory moulded to the light?

The threads are moulded to the light cluster, I have a couple of light clusters spare more than happy to pop one in the post if needed.👉

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, hughezee said:

The threads are moulded to the light cluster,

I've made a couple of repairs to (non-Honda) rear light clusters where the studs are moulded into the cluster casing using Milliput. Takes a while (like 24+ hours) to achieve full strength but worth waiting for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334476254955

As things get rarer, it might be an option, i've also recreated trim panel fixing holes etc using this among other things. Plasticine for grown-ups that sets "rock'ard". :P;):D

• Like 2