Subscriptions & Donations ×

Front Lower Arm Differences 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

hughezee

• Administrators

Due to the year of the 98-02 Accord Coupe its very often confused with the UK version of the same year by aftermarket parts suppliers e.g wheel bearings, suspension components even something simple like a headlight bulb. :rolleyes:

So I thought I would share a members recent experience of this, the supplier stated the one pictured on the right was compatible with the 98-02 Accord coupe :huh:  the one on the left is what Honda 6 supplied, can you guess which one actually fits :lol:

56941fa6b2472_IMG_20160111_1148341.thumb

As you can clearly see they are very different and this is one of the many items soon to feature in our club's store ;)

• Like 3

• Moderators

Indeed Stu - it illustrates the biggest drawback about online shopping sadly. Someone on the Rover forum needed an alternator for an 827 and thought they had found one for about £35. I tried to point out to them that it was actually listed as fitting the 820 but they went ahead and ordered it because the listing said "all models". They were disappointed 2 days later when a Lucas A127 type alternator turned up and they asked how it fitted the C27 engine! :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say a big thank you to Stu for helping me with this exact problem. I ordered from Ebay 1 of the arms for my V6 and it was the wrong size even though it stated it fits the exact model of my Honda. Dissapointed obviously I returned this and turned to the master of these cars (I should have done so the first time round but I know how busy he is lol) Mr Stuart Hughes. He guided me through the whole way starting with actually making sure it was the actual lower arm that needed changing. Then sent me a diagram showing a break down of the parts in and around the lower arm. He then gave me options to supply a good used one to me or a new OEM one. I went for the new one and arrived with no delay. The cherry on the cake was he kept me updated on the status of my delivery and even sent a link where I could check myself. All I can say Stu is your a legend mate. Thanks for all your help once again. I definitely feel like a valued member.keep it up :) 

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Excellent Imran.  That's Stu, the Coupe Guru!  Service is second to none and there isn't anything he doesn't know about our lovely cars.  That's why I drive a 20 mile round trip just to get a oil change....NO-ONE touches my car except Stu.  I wash it...Stu looks after it.  ;)

If you're in the area on Sunday 31st Jan we're having a Mini Meet and there will be four or five coupes have bits done by Stu, be great to see you there is you're in that neck of the woods.  ;)

• Like 2

On 12/01/2016 at 0:02 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

Presents a good case for taking the old parts along for a positive identification! ;):D

I've had problems like this with brake disks and rear hubs.  It is sometimes inconvenient to take the old bits to the parts factor because that might immobilising the car first.  Then if they have not got the correct part, you have to suffer for longer. 

To remedy this, I have a collection of scrap parts which i will use as patterns in the future!

• Like 1

On 27/01/2016 at 8:31 AM, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

Excellent Imran.  That's Stu, the Coupe Guru!  Service is second to none and there isn't anything he doesn't know about our lovely cars.  That's why I drive a 20 mile round trip just to get a oil change....NO-ONE touches my car except Stu.  I wash it...Stu looks after it.  ;)

If you're in the area on Sunday 31st Jan we're having a Mini Meet and there will be four or five coupes have bits done by Stu, be great to see you there is you're in that neck of the woods.  ;)

I will try my best buddy. I live deep in central London so is a bit of a mission. I'm planning to get my tracking done saturday morning. If that's sorted il drive down. Iv been waiting for a little meet to come up in this club since I joined. Thank you for the invite tho :) 

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned