Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Coupe V6 Engine Oil leak "NEW SEAL"

hughezee

• Administrators

Well my temporary leak stop treatment worked for a while, but I think its time to fix it properly now  <_< I originally traced the leak to the oil filter housing seal and there is a little residue starting to reappear in the same location :rolleyes: 

E--1301.jpg

So I've ordered item: 13 p/n: 15825P8AA01 and few pic's to follow when I've sorted it  ;)

• Founding Member

Is it as awkward to change the oil filter on a v6 as it is on a 2L?

The filter is in the drivers side wheel arch on a V6, I didn't even jack my car up the last time I changed the filter, just stuck it on full lock and I could get access easily.

• Like 1

The filter is in the drivers side wheel arch on a V6, I didn't even jack my car up the last time I changed the filter, just stuck it on full lock and I could get access easily.

That looks handy.  And being near vertical, I suppose there's little spillage. 

On my 2l, the filter is a real pain.  On the back of the block, sideways on.  Spillage is unavoidable.  :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

DSC03652.jpgDSC03656.jpgDSC03657.jpg

Remove the oil filter to drain any excess oil in the housing.

DSC03659.jpg

Remove the three 12mm bolts and a light tap with a rubber mallet should free it   ;)

DSC03661.jpg
DSC03662.jpgDSC03663.jpgDSC03664.jpg

The area it was leaking, the old seal was very brittle, way past it for polymers and seal conditioners  :rolleyes:

DSC03665.jpg

Give both surfaces a good clean with clutch & brake cleaner before offering up the new seal  ;)

DSC03667.jpg

Note: the longer of the three bolts goes in the top right hole on the housing just in case you forget   :P

DSC03668.jpg

New filter and carefully tighten up the bolts with your fingers with the help of a socket lock off lightly.

DSC03669.jpg

Now in a random sequence slowly torque them up to 22 N-m (2.2 kgf-m,16 lbf-ft) 

DSC03670.jpg

No oil pressure warning light and no leaks :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 1998, 1999, 2000. 2001 Accord Coupe V6 Engine Oil leak "NEW SEAL"
  • The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 Accord Coupe V6 Engine Oil leak "NEW SEAL"