Subscriptions & Donations ×

Exhausted.............

Laird_Scooby

• Moderators

Holy Thread resurrection, Batman !

Just been having a read of this (blimey, there is so much stuff on this site ;)) and just to say I had the same problem with an exhaust manifold stud on the TVR. The furthest stud away from being anywhere close to easy to get at :rolleyes:

On the V8 motor the studs are actually bolts through the manifold into the head, the very last one to remove would not come away so had to cut the head of the bolt  to remove the manifold.  I thought it would be easy peasy to get off then as it would just be a "stud" in the head.

Tried all sorts of extractors, grips, etc, couldn't weld a nut on it as it was 2" off a fuel line and under the bulkhead slightly too.

Ended up getting the equivalent of the laser tool but a Neilsen version,  It came off with a massive "crack" in sound that is and the stud just unscrewed :D worth every penny and seems to be just as effective as the laser one by all accounts.....well at least two of my mates have used it and its never failed !

Example below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-dr-Impact-Stud-Extractor-6-13mm-Bolts-Studs-Chrome-Vanadium-Molybdenum-Gen/222616338451?

s-l500.jpg

• Like 3