Subscriptions & Donations ×

I'm in!

welland99

Hello everyone,

Was very interested to find this forum.  Do I gather that it is brand new? 

I have an X reg 2000 Accord Coupe 2.0ES in dark metallic blue.  Owned it for about 9 years (is it bad that i can't remember exactly when I bought it?) and driven about 65k miles in that time.  It's now on 165k! Can anybody beat that? ;)

Over the years, very little has gone wrong with it, and aside from usual maintenance it doesn't take much effort to keep it going.  I do maintenance myself wherever possible, and hoping to get advice and recommendations here, if needed.  :P

• Like 1

Just found documentary evidence that I bought it in November 2005.  So my original guess was pretty close.  :D

That means the MOT is due next month :ph34r:

That reminds me - I got the tax reminder last week too.  I wonder how much petrol I'll save through not lugging a tax disc around? :wacko:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome aboard! The site is kind of new, kind of old - in its present incarnation it's new but there was a previous site (Hondasynergy i think it was called) that most of us migrated from when the host played silly spanners on Stu.

As for the tax disc, you could buy a retro tax disc with the date of expiry the same as the very first tax disc your car would have had. Now there's no longer a legal requirement to dispplay a current disc, there's nothing to say you can't display an old one! Reproductions are availabnle somewhere, if i search really hard i might be able to find a link for you. That way you won't have to worry about how much petrol you're saving! ;):D

• Like 2