Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-02 Accord 2.0-2.3 Coupe Exhaust System (CAT BACK)

hughezee

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

A little cheat i've often used in the past in this situation is to use an aftermarket silencer that will slide over the existing pipework, cut the old broken one out then slot the ends of the new one and clamp it in.

If replacing a resonator this usually just results in a slightly deeper note but if replacing a silencer can make it noisier. Either way it's legal although not original. That said it's usually in the region of £20-40 for an aftermarket box to fit in place of one that has broken this way. Best result i had ever using this method was a £23 tractor silencer that had a baffle disc tack-wlded into the middle of it to create extra back pressure. I knocked this baffle out and fitted the silencer in place of the middle box on my Sterling, which had broken in various places and rotted on the pipework close to the silencer body. Not only did it make it quieter than the original but gave it a deeper tone and improved performance and economy. It lasted 6 years as well so wasn't a bad investment! ;):D

• Like 3

• The topic was pinned
  • 5 months later...