Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-02 Accord Coupe Shock Absorber Leaking “EPIC FAIL”

hughezee

• Administrators

Whilst the list of jobs on Richards Coupe are being steadily ticked off :rolleyes:  another one sneaks up on me :huh:

DSC04127_zpsdtdngjve.jpg

Not that this was the only job that was added to the list either, worthy of making another a what a palaver thread :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Funny you should mention it but there is a road near me with a huge dip on the nearside. When i say huge, it has done exactly this to two nearside rear shocks on mine, one on the coupe and one on the Sterling. Needless to say i now stay at 30mph (it's just out of a 30mph limit) for the extra 30-40 yards until i have passed this dip.

Back to the main topic, what caused this one and what are the other jobs to do? it only becomes a palaver when there are three or more other jobs found while repairing one fault! ;):lol: :lol: :lol: Of course something large/major like the sump gasket needing replacement counts as at least 2 jobs! :)

• Moderators

Haha! I intend to keep her for a long, long, long time..... So it's worth every penny  ;)

There's no question it's worth it, same goes for my own coupe which is the subject of the "What a Palaver!" thread Stu referred to. I've had the car 2 years nearly and every time i do one job, i find another 2-3 jobs that need doing or 1 major job that needs doing.

For example, when i got it back from having its new sill fitted and the MoT, i thought i could get on with a few of the more "cosmetic" type jobs including repairing the HRW and fitting new rear speakers. Anyway, a week or so after getting it back, i spotted the tell-tale pool of coolant under the crank pulley so it needed a new water pump and cam belt. Just in the nick of time as it happened!

While doing the cam belt, i spotted the dodgy looking disc and pads on the drivers side, the sump gasket in need of replacement (currently stuck on with blue Hylomar!) and a freshly split track rod end boot. Obviously wasn't split 3 weeks previously as it passed the MoT and i could see the "broken" surfaces were clean-ish so it had to be a fresh split.

You get the idea behind "What a palaver" from this potted version of recent events and looking at your draft invoice above, i have to agree with Stu, it's worthy of another "What a Palaver!" thread!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...