Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe OBD Connector Location "2 PIN 3 PIN PLUG"

hughezee

• Administrators

OBD connector is located in the drivers foot-well just under the right of the steering wheel on the CG2-CG4 coupes. There's a three pin connector and a two pin connector housed in blanking socket see illustration below. Anyway it's the three pin your after and it usually wont work on the cheaper scanners with a converter cable either from the 3pin to 16pin OBD2 and for reference the two pin one is for blinking codes in sequence via the engine management light if a fault is flagged.

post-1-0-99216300-1409690409_thumb.jpg

The three pin is for the scanner tool, the two pin you can short it with a paperclip and it will blink the code long flashes are tens e.g 6 and 3 fast flashes count the number and you will get the code 63. Also it will only work if the Engine Management light is on.

Hope you never need to find it ;)

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

I use the three pin data plug on my scanner tool, but if you short the 2 pin it will blink the codes at you e.g assuming the engine management light is on??? To retrieve the code short the 2 pin connector with a bit of wire or a paper clip and slow blinks are 10's fast blinks a 1's e.g two slow flashes followed by five quick flashes is code 25 ;)

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 98-02 Accord Coupe OBD2 16 Pin Socket...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

That's if you can get the ELM327 to connect/talk to the OBD port. I've had about a 1 in 4 success rate with one of those things. Oddly that was all on Rover 75s, a 1.8 turbo, a 2.0 V6 manual, a 2.5 V6 auto (MG ZT-180) and a blue V6 auto that was allegedly a 2.0 but the engine looked more like a 2.5 - in theory if one would talk to the adaptor then all of them should but not the case. :o;):D

• Moderators

Not sure where any of these were built Bill, could probably find out about 3 of them but the Franken-Rover (the one with the questionable engine and many other "modifications") only gets seen once in a while. I was going to say a 1 in 5 success rate but the 5th one was a bit unfair as it doesn't have an OBD port of any sort - didn't stop the owner looking for it though! :lol:

In fairness he'd found one on a later model but that was literally built 20 cars from the end of production!

I don't think i've ever owned a car with an OBD port and that's the way i'd like to keep it! ;):lol::D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Decided I should have a look in the system and make sure all is ok.  ?

So just ordered the link cable to enable me to connect to the three pin connector and then to my Icarsoft unit.... just hope the unit can talk to the car ?

• Confused 2

• Moderators

An update on this, cable arrived today, three pin connector that mates perfectly with the Coupe factory plug and the other end to the standard obd2 plug.

My Icarsoft CR Plus unit has a multitude of manufacturers on its database obviously Honda being one of them.

It can read the Coupe engine detail, the abs system and also the SRS restraint system when connected ! Result !

It also has capability to reset all codes and a live function which I haven't tested yet.

Not as comprehensive information as when the CR Plus is connected to a true obd2 system but nevertheless works on the Coupe.

Next test is to introduce a fault and see what it does, currently it tells me the Coupe is a happy bunny !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just ran up the code reader again, definetly engine, abs and srs systems but although it says its checking the at and takes 20 seconds to do so it doesn't show any further access to the box... So no follow-up after the initial check.

I guess it could be that it has nothing to report after the intial check, i.e. a fault.. or it could be that a two wire connection us not enough for any subsequent interrogation of the gearbox. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
3 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

might end up in the 2006 jazz

Does your scanner tool that works on the coupe, does it work the jazz ABS system still looking to purchase another scanner tool but not looking to spend thousands now?

• Like 2