Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe OBD Connector Location "2 PIN 3 PIN PLUG"

hughezee

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

Does your scanner tool that works on the coupe, does it work the jazz ABS system still looking to purchase another scanner tool but not looking to spend thousands now?

Offhand I can't say, I have never had occasion to interrogate either of the two Jazz in family possession........... If everything in life was as reliable as a V...Honda...??

Will fire it up on the 2006 Jazz in the next couple of days and see what it can do !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Ok, plugged into the Jazz and it will read and clear codes for engine, abs, srs and transmission.

Obviously in this case the car has manual transmission and the unit won't read if the automatic scan facility is used, it detects the fact its not an auto and omits it from the results.

If manual scan is used then it's possible to select the auto transmission test...in this case it comes up with errors as it does not have auto trans..

Whether it will have useful gearbox info on the live read I can't check....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Moderators

First one would give you connectivity to an obd reader, looks to be right.

Second one seems to be saying that it supports US cars from 1996 so maybe right but if its European then 2000 year onwards.....

Just a thought, do you have an independent garage nearby, friendly sort ??  If so, check out if they can connect to the three wire, if not, buy the connector cable so they can connect to their machine but ask if they can scan the codes for a few pictures of the Queen !!......they will have a far better machine than the one you are looking at. I paid quite a bit more than twenty quid for my obd reader and it's still not got all the capability the local garages have..they spend thousands on their equipment.

You don't actually need an all singing all dancing version as there are limited systems in our sheds !! However, a better machine ensures all things covered.

Still, at  £21.50 it might be worth the punt just to see if it will do the job and the reviews confirm limited capability but could be just what you need....got to spend 25 quid at amazon though for free shipping on that...unless prime account ?? 🙃🙃

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, LeedsMatt said:

Thanks for your advice. I think I'll get the adapter and take it to my local garage and have them look into it I think. Seems like the best way. 

If you have a friendly mechanic it's worth the try but if it costs you 30 quid you could buy the unit and have a go yourself. 😁😁😁😁