Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Leather Seats "REPLACED-REPAIRED"

hughezee

• Administrators
So I'm finally replacing the worn leather covers on my Accord V6 :P Unsurprisingly the coupe's have similar arrangement to the UK 5th Gen & Rover 600   ;) remove the back cover and its pretty straight forward see pic's below.

DSC02745_zpsa2d1f81d.jpg
DSC02744_zps04bcb789.jpg
DSC02746_zpsf8bf800d.jpg
DSC02747_zps7146d44a.jpg
DSC02748_zpsd3df5c4b.jpg

Transfer heated seat element to the new cover, some basic sowing skills maybe required  :unsure:

DSC02749_zps50fa67c4.jpg

I imported the genuine Honda covers from America at fraction of what Honda UK charges for these. Although there is an alternative, repair the cover before it gets to bad :mellow: shown below I am repairing a cover for somebody at the moment.

DSC02750_zps719c4111.jpg

Now back to my seats  :)  just a tip the 1998-1999 seats are a little different to the 2000-2002 seats e.g side air bags, seat belt warning buzzer, one of my 2001 seats shown below.

DSC02752_zpsf4b39595.jpg
DSC02753_zpsc0f9396c.jpg
DSC02751_zpsf21259f3.jpg

Looking Fresh :D

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Out of interest Stu, are the seat covers the same between left and right seats? On the non-tipping variety that is. :D

Some are interchangeable but most are different buddy, depends on the car and spec' really..

On the Accord coupe there are two variations 98-99 & 01-02 with a addition of side air bags, either version the drivers side has holes cut on it and passenger side doesn't so the passenger cover although very slightly different (some adjustments required) it will fit on the drivers seat allowing you to cut the holes for the back support and tilt mechanism handles. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Good for bad backs too! Finish a night shift at 6am, freezing cold morning, back aching because i'd been performing some kind of contortionism for 3 hours to repair a machine, get in, hit the bum warmer button and within half a mile be soothed amazingly!

Even in the summer they are still soothing on back ache but they don't have make your bum sweat then! :lol:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well I was working hard stripping the parts off project break one day and the next get home from drooping the kids off at school and coughed and then I was keeled over in pain and have been suffering ever since :( the general pain or ache is bearable to a point until I get sharp stabbing pains in my lower back which is excruciatingly painful :o

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Ouch! Are you sure it's your back Stu?

In all honesty I've suffered with my back for years and managed with it just fine knowing my limits and this a little feels different and not much is helping and will be going to see doc's next week as that was the earliest I could get an appointment :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Yep, no pain like back pain.  "Does this hurt Mr Hughes?" as you're climing off the ceiling in agony.  :huh:

He'll probably prescribe some pain killers and rest, Ibruprofen is good as it reduces the swelling.  Bottom line is that it will get better eventually.  ;)

• Like 2