Subscriptions & Donations ×

ICE Head Unit

A53Platty

Looking around the old forum posts aboout replacing the media screen, it just looks like too much mither to install a double-DIN unit, even if the frame & cover are available (or not, haven't enquired with amayama although they list both in stock). The pups will no doubt be disappointed to learn the rear TV will never function, but they have tablets already, so no great loss. Technology has moved on so most of the comprehensive ICE system of the Elysion is now obsoloete even in its home country. Also not sure I'll keep this car long enough to justify having a professional conversion done either, as I'm missing a few creature comforts so I'll be swapping it for a Prestige later in the year, so I'm just going to fit an Android carplay screen in front of the Honda screen & connect through my phone. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186124333879?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-s0jf-o3suc&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=nL3DGAf_TYq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Can't even find an AUX port in the Elysion system...

Oh I know, I was looking at the 3.5L initially. Unfortunately the fuel economy of the V6 isn't feasible for us, even on LPG. The family only has the 1 vehicle & I commute 350 miles a week. Coming from a Diesel E-Class that gave 40-45MPG, the 2.4L at 35 MPG gives roughly the same pence-per mile with petrol typically 9 or 10p cheaper per litre. That said, if finances allowed I would get a V6 & put a custom exhaust on it. I had 2 V6 S-Types that made the right noises, albeit in diesel flavour. Lovely cars but hopelessly unreliable & expensive to repair.

• Like 1

Not before Easter, at the earliest! Rode year-round back in my twenties & thirties. Now I'm a fair-weather-only, 50-something with knackered knees to prove it!

Found a solution to the AUX audio port conundrum. Plugs into the back of the DVD/HDD unit in place of a CD changer. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194352396596?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UcctXhA6QFC&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=nL3DGAf_TYq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stick-on head unit 'installed'  20240202-170252.jpg

Waiting for a fused multi-charging adapter as I also need to power a dashcam & a wireless charging phone clamp along with the Android screen. It came with a reverse camera but I can still see the original screen well enough, so unlikely to fit the new camera. Also the bluetooth adapter I linked above arrives next week & once it's all installed I do proper cable management.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 10:52 PM, A53Platty said:

Looking around the old forum posts aboout replacing the media screen, it just looks like too much mither to install a double-DIN unit, even if the frame & cover are available (or not, haven't enquired with amayama although they list both in stock). The pups will no doubt be disappointed to learn the rear TV will never function, but they have tablets already, so no great loss. Technology has moved on so most of the comprehensive ICE system of the Elysion is now obsoloete even in its home country. Also not sure I'll keep this car long enough to justify having a professional conversion done either, as I'm missing a few creature comforts so I'll be swapping it for a Prestige later in the year, so I'm just going to fit an Android carplay screen in front of the Honda screen & connect through my phone. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186124333879?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-s0jf-o3suc&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=nL3DGAf_TYq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Can't even find an AUX port in the Elysion system...

Rear TV unit should work if you have a dvd converter / burner to NTSC format instead of Pal