Subscriptions & Donations ×

Hi

leetrog

Hello everyone / fellow Honda V6 coupe owners.

That is sad. I actually have 3 & all previously were used regularly. Alas all off road now & needing work done to them which I currently am not in a position to commit to. I am starting thinking about scrapping them but would rather not, although one was accident damaged several years ago so I have been using as a donor car. I would very much prefer to see if anybody here would like to save them, at least 2 anyway ! Great cars but lower bodywork deterioration / gearbox issues can ultimately get to them (unless kept on top of).

• Like 2

Thank you Laird_Scooby.

East Sussex.

No idea at the moment. Had them for years & miss driving / enjoying them. All new to this & being online here.  If interested is there a DM here or happy to be open to discuss if anyone else over the coming days wishes to comment / help :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, leetrog said:

is there a DM here

If you're using a PC with a mouse, move the curor over the avatar on the left of someones post and it brings up a little info about them plus a couple of other buttons, one of which is "Message".

Click/tap that and you can Private Message (PM) that person. However if anyone is interested in the general stuff, i'd suggest you answer that within this thread so others can see it too - it may be the original person isn't interested after a certain bit of information but others are.

I can tell you most of the members on here are in/around the west midlands area, some are further afield but aside from a member in the Cornwall area i think i'm the next cloest to the main "population" of members and i'm in East Anglia.

It might even be that as you discuss your car(s) it'll be a relatively simple job to get at least one back on the road for you.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:01 AM, Laird_Scooby said:

That's because it's a classic car.....

I realise that classics are exempt  but when I checked the old TR2, the website distinctly said it was free to drive in the ulez because it meets the emissions standard   not because it is exempt.

This exemption of classics may contribute to desirability and price rises in some classics.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

If you're using a PC with a mouse, move the curor over the avatar on the left of someones post and it brings up a little info about them plus a couple of other buttons, one of which is "Message".

Click/tap that and you can Private Message (PM) that person. However if anyone is interested in the general stuff, i'd suggest you answer that within this thread so others can see it too - it may be the original person isn't interested after a certain bit of information but others are.

I can tell you most of the members on here are in/around the west midlands area, some are further afield but aside from a member in the Cornwall area i think i'm the next cloest to the main "population" of members and i'm in East Anglia.

It might even be that as you discuss your car(s) it'll be a relatively simple job to get at least one back on the road for you.

Thank you Laird_Scooby. Normally I use my phone but if DM not available I can use my laptop when necessary.

Ref.simple jobs alas not. One was written off years ago but I had it recovered & used it for spares (including having the catalytic convertor taken off it to use on my working V6 Coupe but the gearbox on that slipping. Very original & standard. Starts, everything else works & runs.  Other V6 has sill corrosion & needs welding to pass MOT. But starts & runs. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, welland99 said:

I realise that classics are exempt  but when I checked the old TR2, the website distinctly said it was free to drive in the ulez because it meets the emissions standard   not because it is exempt.

That appears to be how they overcome saying they are exempt. Imports from the USA of pick-up trucks carry automatic exemption (even if new or a few years old) because pick-up trucks aren't tested for emissions there. As such, no emissions data exists so they can't be categorised, same as our classic cars so i would suspet they've done a "one size fits all" response for cars that are exempt.

3 hours ago, welland99 said:

This exemption of classics may contribute to desirability and price rises in some classics. 

It has indeed! ;):D