Subscriptions & Donations ×

My first CG4 coupe

Harry93

I was going through some old photo's where I found some of my old coupe, so thought I would put them on here as it has been a while since I have posted something on the forum. 

I purchased the car in 2016 a 2.0ltr manual, with the plan of keeping it as a 2nd car and just seeing where the time and interest would lead to. It wasn't a perfectly kept example as it had 160k on the clock but for the price I paid, overall condition, I didn't think it was too bad at the time. I must have paid under 1k for the car. Mechanically the car drove spot on, couldn't really fault the drive for its mileage, bodywork did have some small areas of lacquer peel but that was on the front bumper, but apart from that no rust. The M.O.T. history wasn't great just neglected things, such as brakes, exhaust, suspension and minor cosmetics, have seen worser.

Sadly that same year we also bought a 2003 CL7 Accord Sport saloon, which meant the drive was getting full 🥺. I didn't keep the coupe long enough, I would say only a few months. In that time I only cleaned up the interior and got some tints done to the car. My only regret is selling it to the wrong person, as the car didn't last after its M.O.T., most probably scrapped 😪

IMG-1315.jpg

IMG-1319.jpg

IMG-1374.jpg

IMG-1372.jpg

IMG-1373.jpg

IMG-1317.jpg

IMG-1316.jpg

IMG-1324.jpg

IMG-1321.jpg

IMG-1322.jpg

IMG-1325.jpg

IMG-1370.jpg

Below are the only photos I have of the car looking somewhat presentably clean.

Polish-20230910-081052935.jpg

QBPU0572.jpg

The car gave a lasting impression on me before it went. The navy blue colour definitely suits the car along with those illegal tints (rear and quarters fully blacked) and nowadays not a colour that is often seen when they do pop up for sale. Coincidentally my current one is also a 2001 manual so I guess I got lucky or was just destined to have one 😂.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to My first CG4 coupe
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Nice one....can only see the last two photographs though ?? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Have you moved the pic into another album on postimg.cc??? It's lost the link....

Sorry about that, I have tried re uploading them, hopefully the links should work. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

And they are back !!

It looks very nice interior wise and not that bad on the exterior i think,..has it really gone to scrap then ??

I am guessing it has been scrapped, I sold it cheap, so maybe was used for a runabout until it's M.O.T., unless it was written off. Another reason why these cars are so rare or neglected in the wrong hands. 

• Sad 2

• Administrators
On 9/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, Harry93 said:

I was going through some old photo's where I found some of my old coupe, so thought I would put them on here as it has been a while since I have posted something on the forum. 

Nice bit of nostalgia, thanks for sharing... 👍

• Like 3