Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion map light

Zelman

Does anyone know where I can purchase an interior ( map ) light bulb for a Honda Elysion. I can't see it anywhere on line. It's a fitting with with cables attached to a bank of 8 LED lights.

I am wondering if it's worth the effort and I should just fit a simple bulb into the holder

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Zelman said:

Does anyone know where I can purchase an interior ( map ) light bulb for a Honda Elysion. I can't see it anywhere on line. It's a fitting with with cables attached to a bank of 8 LED lights.

I am wondering if it's worth the effort and I should just fit a simple bulb into the holder

Is it a Honda fitment?? 

Didn't know they had any map light option....or is it a generic map light wired in perhaps  ?

Need pic as Laird_Scooby suggests.

• Like 1

I presume it's a Honda fitting. All the interior lights are LED's

It's not specifically a map light it's just the usual interior light over the dash

I have taken a picture  but don't know how to insert it here! It appears I can only enter images from a URL source

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Zelman said:

No, mine are like a fuse type bulb about 30mm long with 4 cables about 35mm long attached to a rectangular plate around 15 x45mm holding 8 LED bulbs. I can't find anything like it on line!

You mean something like this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314187380767

First, try turning the fitting round that goes into the original bulbholder - LEDs are polarity conscious so there's every chance someone has disconnected it and not put it back correctly.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Zelman said:

I presume it's a Honda fitting. All the interior lights are LED's

It's not specifically a map light it's just the usual interior light over the dash

I have taken a picture  but don't know how to insert it here! It appears I can only enter images from a URL source

Oh, I see, the wires bits etc is inside the overhead lights ... not a separate map light...it was the wires bit confusing me !!!

If you have the "fuse" type they are called "festoon" or "torpedo" bulbs / lamps.

Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284077381820

Search either term will get you a load of choices but watch the size, not just the length but the other dimensions. 

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Them's the kiddies! The wire bit is only a convenient means offitting a larger LED panel that would fit in the "footprint" of a normal Festooon bulb. Often the "adaptor" is a spring loaded pair of Festoon contacts to accommodate a variety of lengths, think i have one somewhere and the LED panel too.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Them's the kiddies! The wire bit is only a convenient means offitting a larger LED panel that would fit in the "footprint" of a normal Festooon bulb. Often the "adaptor" is a spring loaded pair of Festoon contacts to accommodate a variety of lengths, think i have one somewhere and the LED panel too.

It was the wire bit that confused me , easily done I know ,,,kept thinking about the map lights we used to have in the old "rally" cars ...poking out on a stalk !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Got it now you explained the reason for them but never used that type ....except I just remembered I have two in the Elysion door lights as they project an "H" logo onto the floor too 😛😛😛😛😛

• Like 1

• Moderators

Definitely sounds like an aftermarket jobby. If (as i believe they were originally) it's a T10 fitting, these work well :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334567810243?var=543657059804

You need to nick your wifes emery board (sandpaper on a lolly stick thing) and file off the sharp corners where the bulb enters the holder but they give a good light.

IMG-20230102-162844675.jpg

Before ^^^^^ on standard filament bulbs.

IMG-20230106-170521775.jpg

With those T10 LEDs in place of the original bulbs.