Subscriptions & Donations ×

Screen Not Working - Honda Elysion

houdidni

Hey folks.

I’m now the proud owner of a Honda Elysion 2.4.

I bought the car knowing the interior screen didn’t work. I am looking to do a full conversion to apple car play but I would be keen to get the screen to work in the mean time.

So, there’s a couple of things I think I need to pick your brains on:

1) What do I need to look for to fault find the screen not working? It doesn’t work at all. Everything else does but I can’t see what I’m selecting etc. It would be nice mainly for the reversing cam as I am transitioning from a Kia Ceed GT so it’s not exactly the same dimensions haha.

2) Forget about fixing the screen entirely. Can you suggest apple/android car play replacements to bring the car more up to date?? I’ve seen a few on alibaba/ali express but not sure.

ANY help is appreciated!

Cheers!

• Moderators
19 hours ago, houdidni said:

Hey folks.

I’m now the proud owner of a Honda Elysion 2.4.

I bought the car knowing the interior screen didn’t work. I am looking to do a full conversion to apple car play but I would be keen to get the screen to work in the mean time.

So, there’s a couple of things I think I need to pick your brains on:

1) What do I need to look for to fault find the screen not working? It doesn’t work at all. Everything else does but I can’t see what I’m selecting etc. It would be nice mainly for the reversing cam as I am transitioning from a Kia Ceed GT so it’s not exactly the same dimensions haha.

2) Forget about fixing the screen entirely. Can you suggest apple/android car play replacements to bring the car more up to date?? I’ve seen a few on alibaba/ali express but not sure.

ANY help is appreciated!

Cheers!

Sorry to have to say the screens just DIE  😭😭😭😭.....presumably you have checked for power...

Wouldn't bother trying to fix it, the sat nav is less than useless as it only runs in Japan,  the radio is only good for radio 2 as the band width is not useful in the UK...there are ways around the radio problem though,  using a band expander for instance. 

For a replacement you need to choose one that fits in the space currently occupied as there is not much chance of finding the dashboard conversion kit to bring it forward in the dash.

My one is five years old now and I won't recommend it, plus it's in the dash conversion kit setup...one of the other guys should be along at somepoint, to give a current option, I expect.

Bit of info here

• 11 months later...

This just happened to me after I got it detail cleaned. Screen just went black. All fuses are good and power supplies. The only thing that hasn't been done is removing the dash and checking whatever power cable is going to the screen itself.

What did you end up doing?