Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 Down Pipe + CAT

hughezee

• Administrators

Finally got the oddy's CAT replaced and I am pleased to report the down pipe BM70520 intended for the 2001-2002 Accord 2.3 Type-V and catalytic converter intended for the 2000-2002 Accord 1.8 2.0 2.3 all fitted perfectly so I was told. 😏

20230227-092514.jpg
20230227-092520.jpg20230227-104138.jpg20230227-104147.jpg

I took the motor to a local trusted indy, so I could have a good look underneath and swap tyres around etc, more on that in another topic.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Well, this turned into a right pain and trusting somebody else to this job wasn't a good idea, with them stripping out treads, using German hex bolts, exhaust misaligned causing an annoying rattle and bang when reversing and the down pipe touching the sump etc etc.

Long storey short the car has been sat for a few weeks until I made time to sort it myself.🙄

20230420_114301[1].jpg

Basically removal of the new downpipe and refitting the old then it didn't fit the new CAT flange, then refitting the new one again with some minor modifications with a 2002 Accord Type-V manifold + all new nuts & gaskets including a new one for the manifold.👍

20230420_125222[1].jpg

All sorted now and running sweet again. 🤐

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

I purchased a secondhand manifold just in case, but you try a get large exhaust parts either from Cox or Amayama.com and I will be very surprised.😑

Everything getting difficult to get now 😠 ,,,,just trying to find spares for a Shurflo pump...something simple you would have thought...no , they want to sell you a new pump by making any spares that are available so expensive it's not worth repairing 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• grrrr 1