Subscriptions & Donations ×

Interchangeable Parts List

Wolf02

Hi,

I would be interested in starting an interchangable parts list for the elysion.

What I mean by that is we know that some parts come from the honda legend engine, switchgear from other hondas etc. I was thinking it would be very helpful if where was a reference that we could check and say "oh the indicator stalk is identical to that of a 2005 civic" or "the dash in the 2015 is identical to the 2004 BUT after 2018 its different" etc. Also any warnings Eg DONT use the wiring harness from a 2015 in a 2004 despite assurances that it would work as it blew up my new head unit (I speak from 1st hand experience here!)

Would be helpful when we buy parts or do upgrades, anyone know of anything already we can make a sticky or able to contribute ? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Difficult bit here is that it would seem a lot of parts were Elysion specific,  like brake disks for instance although some have used CRV disks as they " fit" they are not the same diameter...slightly smaller...I chased outer tie rods, same codes as a Tourer apart from the centre number in the Honda part code...they are not the same...

That 3 digit code in the centre of the part number is unique....however some Honda models do use other model  part numbers including the " incorrect for that model" centre code !  Just to confuse things...

Of course, there are now quite a number of after market parts available for the Elysion BUT again some suppliers say they fit and they obviously don't when they arrive,,,,front lower suspension bush for instance....unique to the Elysion....however,  the lower wishbone arm bush is supposed to be Accord...

I did wonder if there is a reverse parts listing showing all models with the same part number..some motorcycle manufacturers used to do that.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just thinking about it I guess there are common service parts you could start with..

Simple maintenance stuff list would be useful..

Brakes pads front..... appear to be unique but some aftermarket may fit...

Oil filter... S2000/NSX

Air filter.... appear to be unique, someone has fitted another model type length and width wise but its too deep and required squashing!! So no !

Spark plugs, yes aftermarket stuff

Gearbox filter, specific in the 3.0 but potentially the legend for the 3.5 litre.

Cabin filters...specific but now some aftermarket stuff

Track rods...specific 

You get the idea  !!

I think we need a list of the parts initially and then fill in the blanks as people find stuff....could take some time !!

Bodywork stuff...forget it, it's specific !!! 😝😝😝

• Clap Hands 1

awesome, yea happy to contribute too

Im also thinking simple stuff like the headlight bulbs, and if anyone has upgraded to LED etc. I have a long list of planned items so will document what works and doesnt as I go along but if others have already figured it out would be helpful if they can also add in. Is there a way in this forum to pin a group editable list (kidna like a wiki ?) 

I am using this site as a reference for original part numbers (and purchasing replacements if needed) I think we could use that (in part) for a starting point for part numbers etc ?

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/honda/elysion/1-van-3-right-rr-2004-429

(on that note I do need to replace the headlght main beam bulbs, the standard ones are super Dim !!! any codes or recommendations ?) -

EDIT : PTR200S just seen your amazing post re replacing the bulbs! massive thanks 

Im about to re-wire the stereo next week most likely so will document the 2004 with nave and HDD system as part of that.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wolf02 said:

Always use Amayama.com for part numbers but also get stuff shipped direct from Japan, great service too.

1 hour ago, Wolf02 said:

(on that note I do need to replace the headlght main beam bulbs, the standard ones are super Dim !!! any codes or recommendations ?) -

EDIT : PTR200S just seen your amazing post re replacing the bulbs! massive thanks 

PM sent as per your request 😁

And ta for comment, just hope it helps you. 

• Like 1