Subscriptions & Donations ×

Our new funbus!

Wolf02

• The topic was pinned
  • Moderators

Excellent ! Same as mine !!  I thought I had the only blue one I the country !!!!

Internal lights change to led makes big difference. 

The only other change I did was add a towbar.....adjustable platform shocks makes a difference to ride as well.

Get a load area rubber mat too, very useful when all seats are forward , saves the carpets...

What size wheels are you on ??

• Like 1

Ah fantastic, ive seen you have posted a lot on the forum over the years. 

Great to be in an exclusive club not just for the car but also the colour, it was that that sold it to me, looks really stunning!

Great idea about the internal lights hadnt thought of that, if you know part numbers that would be a massive help. Also good shout on the rear matt as we will be transporting luggage when we go on our trip over christmas and the bigger european trip next year.

Im looking to get roof bars for a roof box and ive seen the guide online. 

on what look like genuine honda 17" wheels, good smooth ride afaik. 

I have spotted a slight wobble at speed (65mph+) that i need to get checked and I need to get the cambelt done as I cannot confirm if its been done before (dont want an engine faliure !) 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Wolf02 said:

Ah fantastic, ive seen you have posted a lot on the forum over the years. 

Great to be in an exclusive club not just for the car but also the colour, it was that that sold it to me, looks really stunning!

Great idea about the internal lights hadnt thought of that, if you know part numbers that would be a massive help. Also good shout on the rear matt as we will be transporting luggage when we go on our trip over christmas and the bigger european trip next year.

Im looking to get roof bars for a roof box and ive seen the guide online. 

on what look like genuine honda 17" wheels, good smooth ride afaik. 

I have spotted a slight wobble at speed (65mph+) that i need to get checked and I need to get the cambelt done as I cannot confirm if its been done before (dont want an engine faliure !) 

Rear load mat , I first used a 2004 Honda Tourer version fits pretty well, few inches short of the back of the seats so just put a couple of towels there to help. This year I bought a mat that is "universal" , biggest I could find in rubber, and ended up cutting the width but still about 4 inches short. Cut a six inch strip off the old rubber one which had begun to crack up and used that as the infill. Tried for over four years to get a Honda version, no luck but a custom supplier will do carpet versions.  I got a rubber one to stop heavy bags sliding back and forth when rear compartment was not fully filled.

Roof bars have been a difficult issue, some are available in Japan at big money but one or two owners here have done some mods on available kit and made them work. I fitted a towbar instead as I already had a large trailer 🤣

I think the wheels may well be Honda but the standard issue for that year is 16" five spoke alloys..17 could well have been the optional version....have a look at the tyre pressure sticker on the drivers door frame, it gives the wheel options for that model.....

I have 18 inch on mine which are same diameter as the 2008? on, models.

The wheel wobble, hopefully, is just that...check tyres and weighting thoroughly first, swap wheels around to test...reason I say this is that a few people have reported this issue before and once the wheels checked out it was discovered the cv joints were past their best !!!

Not a cheap repair option...do the easy stuff first  !!!

Cam belt, good call, although mine was OK the belt tensioner had failed...leading to an oil dribble 🙃🙃🙃 ...don't forget, replace the idlers , water pump etc too.

Have you checked the transmission oil ??

Was it a new import or owned by a UK person prior to you ???  If the latter they may have done a transmission oil and filter change already but if the former, put it on your list!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. 

I couldn’t find how to check the transmission oil. Did have a look last night but it wasn’t obvious. 
Re cam belt we know the guys at the local garage as my brother in law does all of their IT. We are going to ask them to check out the car on the 30th so will see what comes back. 
Unfortunately the driver side rear door has started sticking, it won’t open with the button on the remote but works fine from the outside if you just pull the handle and it electrically slides back after that so that’s my next project. 

it’s been in the UK since 2015 and a couple of owners over here but only done a 2k per year miles since import. There is no documentation for me to confirm so I think we will have to bite the bullet and get it done. What is a reasonable quote for doing the pump lifters etc would you say. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Transmission dipstick is to the right of the block, down a bit !!

If you squeeze the two clips on the fusebox to the right of the bonnet catch and lift it clear, quite a bit of cable on it, you will see the dipstick handle...check fluid for level and of course the usual " does it look or smell burnt " !!!

Once you see where it is you won't need to take the fuse box off, except to do the filter and fill up, gives better access.

Have a look here re filter etc...

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned