Subscriptions & Donations ×

New owner needing to upgrade the nav screen

Wolf02

Hi all,

Just collected my Elysion today and looking to do a number of upgrades.

1st on the list is to replace the head unit with an android one (done it in other cars). The existing screen in the car is broken (black screen).

Im keen on upgrading to the android units as I like them and used them before, biggest hurdle for me is the wiring! took the existing HDD/DVD unit out and there are a million connections down there ! Are there any guides (ive looked on the forum already) that can help with the wiring process or any pinout diagrams etc. 

Ive only removed the lower DVD unit so far, not tried accessing the screen so dont know if its simpler from the top end ? 

Any help would be much appreciated !!

• Moderators

Better pulling out the head unit  really.  Then you can see what connected to what, some models had additional underseat boom boxes, rear screen displays and various upgrade added in Japan...presuming that yours is a new import ???

BE VERY CAREFULL removing the dash wood !! Susceptible to cracking and expensive to replace !!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting back,

So this evening I had a go at getting at the back of the main screen in the dash, guess what I broke !

Mine is an OLD 2004 and the wooden dash part was already cracked I think from when the previous owner tried to fix it. By the time I had my attempt it just split in half! I am not a happy man! I will probably have to remove the entire thing and try and patch it and wrap it or something as getting a replacement looks impossible (unless someone knows where i can get one from ?

Mine has the rear display and im currently trying to make sense of what drives what from the wiring loom. Is it that the lower HDD unit outputs to all of the speakers and therefore I would need to re-route those cables to the top if I go for an android box (at least thats what it looks like to me). If so the next problem is figuring out the pinout for the original (39540-sjk-j013-m1) unit, i found a pic online of the identity of the ports so that helps but next is the actual pinouts, OR if someone can point me to a wiring adapter that would be even better. 

All help welcomed. 

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Maybe you can glue / fibre glass it back together then wrap it ???

There are a few being broken, the van that is ! , on ebay...worth a call maybe ??

If you go onto amayama.com you can find the part number and maybe they can supply one ?? If not, then part number might get you one elsewhere..

I think I would be looking at repair first though 😁

• Like 1

Thanks yea will try the repair route. New stereo comes this week so will take the rest out and try and repair and wrap first. Thanks for the suggestion of eBay breakers if I can’t sort this one that’s a good call. 

Also think I found the pin out on the Facebook owners club in the files section so if that turns out to be correct will post how it was done. 

• Clap Hands 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, Wolf02 said:

Thanks yea will try the repair route. New stereo comes this week so will take the rest out and try and repair and wrap first. Thanks for the suggestion of eBay breakers if I can’t sort this one that’s a good call. 

Also think I found the pin out on the Facebook owners club in the files section so if that turns out to be correct will post how it was done. 

What stereo did you end up going for and where did you get it? :) 

• Like 1