Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord coupe CG4 F20B5 2.0 odd noises

Gyula

Hi guys! 

It is me again with odd questions. The car makes some odd noises while I'm diving. It has a mettalic noise which is like when you drop some screws or something in the laundry machine. Not form the engine, speeds up a bit whith speed, and stays when the car in neutral as well while I'm driving.

The other is even more weird. Sometimes it makes some slightly metalic humming noice, which comes and goes. It is like hmmm hmmm hmmm, and speeds up as I speed up. The most odd in that is, it comes when I turn, when I go straight stays, and if I turn again the same side, most of the times goes. It does both side. and only can hear if I drive on a perfect road. 

I suspect transmission side cv joint as it moves a bit up and down if I grab on it, wheelbearing on the front, or the transaxile itself. Outer cv joint is new, just about a year old, and the rubber is not broken. The breaks has been just recently changed, pads and disks. The rear break calipper need fome fixing as squeeks a bit, I don't think it has anything to do with it, as the hummig seemingly comes from the right front as I can feel and hear. 

Big question: what do you think it would be? If it is fom the tranaxile, do you know where can I get an other one? Thengine code is f20b5, and I could only found f20b6, which I assume is not compatible. 

Thanks a lot for your help 

• Confused 2

• Administrators
On 5/18/2022 at 10:30 AM, Gyula said:

The car makes some odd noices while I'm diving. It has a mettalic noice which is like when you drop some screws or something in the laundry machine. Not form the engine, speeds up a bit whith speed, and stays when the car in neutral as well while I'm driving.

Sorry to hear of your recent concern, do you have a video clip to help better identifying the noise? When you say a metallic noise it could be as simple as the heat shield on the catalytic converter, this can be banded or the shield just removed.🤞

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Accord coupe CG4 F20B5 2.0 odd noises
  • Founding Member

It might be worth checking the brake disc dirt shields are still in one piece (they go rusty) and are straight [ a slighly wobbly disc - like with a loose sheel bearing - might allow the disc to hit the shield on occasion] - that causes and irregular metallic rubbing noise that stays until the gap between the 2 opens again...

At least this is an easy check even if it reveals that the shiellds are sound and straight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, I will have a look on the shield, but I don't think the rubbing noise is from the shield, it is stronger and gives some vibration which you can clearly feel form the gas pedal. 

I know the inner cv joints are moving a bit up and down, I will check that as well, probably just replace, as they should only be able to move a little in and out. 

I do think something is off with my wheelbearing, but it wouldn't click or move, doesn't matter how stong I pull the wheel when I checked. 

As for now I am not sure what is the issue, I was having a look for all parts considered, transmissons as well and almost impossible to find a P2Y7, is there any other transmission compatible, or do you guys know where should I look? 

Thank you very much again to help me keep my car on road!

Without you guys, I would stuggle with parts a lot, if I can even manage to get the correct ones!