Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord CG4 2.0 Altenator compatibility question

Gyula

Hey guys! 

I have an Accord Coupe CG4 2.0

The altenator recently started to make some funny noise, and doesn't really want to charge properly either. Long story short, want to change my altenator, but the one I found and bought on ebay, even they said it is for my car, is actually for a normal accord with a 2 pin connector, while mine as you know has 4 pin on it. With some research I have found one aftermarket, but on the product code there are minor differences and it is said to be for a 2.3 and the part code is: 

Replacement For: (for Reference Only):

DENSO1012119990

DENSO1022111010

HONDA31100PAAA01

HONDACJU99

HONDACJV01

LUCASLRA02277

LUCASLRA2277

While mine is: Honda CJV00 / Denso TN 102211-1000

Please help if it the correct part for mine as well or if I have to try to find an other one somewhere else

Thank you very much for your help 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Gyula said:

While mine is: Honda CJV00 / Denso TN 102211-1000

Hi there, sorry to hear your alternator is possibly going bad, this part appears to cross-reference with a AS-PL A6099 available from autodoc Germany: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/as-pl/10591813?search=AS-PL Alternator (A6099)

Alternatively, just for convenience, you could try euro car parts using product code: 401745731 : https://www.eurocarparts.com/search/401745731

7 hours ago, KingK0ng said:

Blueprint mirror part seems to be ADH21134

The ADH21134 is a two pin alternator and another incorrectly cross-referenced part with the 2.0 coupe is also BOSCH 0986041990 🙃

• Clap Hands 1

Thank you very much guys! 

Yeah I already had issues with the wrongly crossreferenced parts when I had to change the ac pump, was a bit of a headache to find the correct part anywhere, in a correct price as well. I did get the wrong one first (autodoc), luckily they took the wrong part back that time. 

I think I'll go with the euro car parts, as the autodoc is out of stock, and car is in daily use, even it says it's for shuttle/prelude, I know some parts are actually good for the coupe cg4. 

On the other hand, what do you think about taking that car for longer trips, like crossing europe, Hungary there and back? I would say it is one of the most realible car from it's age I had, but not as easy to get specific parts as for a passat of the same age. But I guess it comes from the fact it's a rarity in comperison, but that's one of the reason I love it as well. 

I do want to use that car for many years come, but on the other hand I am a bit worried about the parts supply and to take it out of the country, as may not be easy to fix, get parts abroad if anything goes wrong on the trip. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Gyula said:

I think I'll go with the euro car parts, as the autodoc is out of stock, and car is in daily use, even it says it's for shuttle/prelude, I know some parts are actually good for the coupe cg4. 

I did check stock with autodocs supplier 2 shown available 😉 nevertheless, I would go for the euro car parts unit simply because it's quicker to source and it covers various Honda models of the same vintage.🤞🏼

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
3 hours ago, Gyula said:

Thank you very much guys! 

Yeah I already had issues with the wrongly crossreferenced parts when I had to change the ac pump, was a bit of a headache to find the correct part anywhere, in a correct price as well. I did get the wrong one first (autodoc), luckily they took the wrong part back that time. 

On the other hand, what do you think about taking that car for longer trips, like crossing europe, Hungary there and back? I would say it is one of the most realible car from it's age I had, but not as easy to get specific parts as for a passat of the same age. But I guess it comes from the fact it's a rarity in comperison, but that's one of the reason I love it as well. 

I do want to use that car for many years come, but on the other hand I am a bit worried about the parts supply and to take it out of the country, as may not be easy to fix, get parts abroad if anything goes wrong on the trip. 

I tooky CG2 over the Alps a couple of times pre covid - no issues at all and even had a lovely 220kph constant blast across Germany one night. European recovery is linked to car value, so I'd say that's were you need to start, perhaps a fixed value classic insurance. I was quite happy to travel without recovery tho.

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, KingK0ng said:

Thanks for the correction.

No need to say thanks, hundreds of parts listed for the coupe don't actually fit, it is the CG body code that confuses them. The UK built accord is more commonly identified as a CH7, in other countries CG8 or CG9.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, hughezee said:

No need to say thanks, hundreds of parts listed for the coupe don't actually fit, it is the CG8 CG9 body codes that confuse them. The UK built accord is more commonly identified as a CH7, in other countries CG8 or CG9.

You are right notice that a lot too. Despite i checked on various sites for the cross reference and try to be sure it was somehow right but still..they got it all wrong. Reason i said " if correct " cause i'm usually not confident at those cross reference for the reason you explained. Also for my motor i only use oem parts so another reason at being bad at aftermarket cross referencing parts 💩 Next time i'll be more cautious as i don't want to mislead anybody into their purchase. 

• Like 2