Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Windscreen HELP

Stu crusty

Hi all, I still have this project, but it’s on hold for now as I have had a windscreen on order from autoglass since August 

I had tried other cheaper sources first to no avail, anyone have any ideas?

i got the down pipe and Cat fitted but it’s likely I’ll also need mid and rear as the joint is pretty perished.

I started it for the first time in a few months and can’t believe how quiet it runs, you can hear the injectors above the engine!

Any ideas on a windscreen would be appreciated as I’ve got 600 notes tied up in an order they can’t seem to fulfill 

stu

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Stu crusty said:

Any ideas on a windscreen would be appreciated as I’ve got 600 notes tied up in an order they can’t seem to fulfill 

These guys are suggesting they have one for a two door, 2001, ...you need to input your reg number to check...

worth a try...

https://ukcarglass.co.uk/book/?window_id=9674&make=honda&model=accord&year=2001&pv=a1

I’d tried to order from these guys before I went to autoglass, they took the order then refunded me as they couldn’t supply it.

The only other option is a used one, but as they are bonded in, they’re easily broken- in fact I ordered one from a breaker but he told me it broke on removal….

I didn’t think it would be so difficult to source!

• Sad 1

• Founding Member

Don't know the price (or even if they can supply), but Pilkington Classics guys at the November NEC Classic Car show told me they can make &  supply virtually any replacement car window.  I did not find our coupes listed, but the older ones are!

email: luke.emms@nsg.com, 07816 495450  www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-cars-home

The address I have for them is 7 Old Forge Drive, Park Farm North, Reddich, West Midlands, B98 7AU.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 6:34 PM, PaulS said:

Don't know the price (or even if they can supply), but Pilkington Classics guys at the November NEC Classic Car show told me they can make &  supply virtually any replacement car window.  I did not find our coupes listed, but the older ones are!

email: luke.emms@nsg.com, 07816 495450  www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-cars-home

The address I have for them is 7 Old Forge Drive, Park Farm North, Reddich, West Midlands, B98 7AU.

Thanks I emailed them and they said 

“I am afraid that we do not have the tooling to produce this glass.  To create a new tooling, it has a starting cost of £5,000”

So that scuppers that idea!

I might try Europe (probably Germany) next, unless someone has any more ideas?

stu

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, hughezee said:

I have messaged a contact who managed to get a front windscreen not that long ago, will report back soon. 🤞🏼

Excellent, I shall wait to hear back, the other option may be to cut my losses and just stick it on eBay, but I’d rather try to get it on the road…

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, hughezee said:

I have messaged a contact who managed to get a front windscreen not that long ago, will report back soon. 🤞🏼

I don’t suppose you heard back from the contact?

I am probably going to cut my losses and stick it on eBay now…

• Sad 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Stu crusty said:

I don’t suppose you heard back from the contact?

I have contacted three different suppliers none have got back to me, think this is one of those situations not hearing anything back is not good news. 😢

• Sad 1