Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Elysion Owner 2008

MrsMurray

Hi, I’m Siddie. New owner of a Honda 2008 2.4 Honda Elysion…well I pick it up tomorrow! Looking for some guidance on any checks I should be doing to the car. On first look, it’s spotless inside & out an I’m looking forward to family trips in it! Still to confirm insurance 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hi, Siddie and welcome to Honda 6 great choice of motor BTW, the perfect motor for the family and long journeys. In regards to final collection checks, make sure all the levels look correct and there are no obvious signs of recent top-ups to the coolant expansion tank, engine oil, brake fluid reservoir etc you should be ok.

Also, I would suggest checking the level and condition of the transmission fluid too, an all too often ignored service item. Additionally make sure the operation of the remote locking or optional keyless system is functioning perfectly, as any remote locking issues might not be a cheap simple fix if suggested as such by the seller?

Lastly, a good test drive, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Welcome to H6nda!!

Look forward to some pics of your new ride and your impressions too, of course !

If its a recent import I would expect to see NO rust anywhere underneath including the exhaust. 

Usual checks on oil leaks, smooth ride ,engine pulling strongly....gear changes good, no jerkiness. Everything electrical works...

Also with the 2.4 there has been chatter about front drive train vibration so try it at different speeds and make sure it feels good..this problem can have a serious side with broken drive shaft / joints....some 2.4 Accords experience similar drive shaft failure under hard use...

Has it had the speedo change to mph? Stereo system / sat nav changed ? Japanese one is a waste of time !!

New tyres ? If still Japanese versions change them...rear fog light done ?

If it is coming from an importer I would expect everything to be done already...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MrsMurray said:

Thanks for replies, much appreciated.
Quick question, should I be concerned that the mileage is 110,445 miles? 

You're welcome.

As you sure it's 110,000 MILES    ???...110,000 Kilometres???

Is this from an importer? 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MrsMurray said:

Yeah, fog light added and working. Yeah, conversion transfer added! 

Must admit, I am loving driving it. Completely different to being crammed in my previous car - Volkswagen Beetle! 

Brilliant ! they are such a lovely drive, I miss mine, still sat awaiting repair so bit jealous now !!

Just check the autobox oil and make sure looks good, smells good and obviously the correct level.....presumably the importer has changed it already but you never know !!   

Worth a check on the cabin filter too, most of these get "missed" 🙄 by the importer.... then you will have a nice air con feel too.

Do you have cruise control on that version?  

• Like 2