Subscriptions & Donations ร—

Honda Odyssey RA6 Water in the Footwell

hughezee

• Moderators

Could it be coming in from the external air intake via the heater matrix ? Had this on a couple of vans when leaves blocked drain holes and allowed water to come over the tops of the intakes in the bulkhead cavity....just a thought.

Presumably there is no visible evidence of it coming in higher up , windscreen and the like , so underneath dash ???

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Presumably there is no visible evidence of it coming in higher up

I tracked it down, well up to the roof, found a split/crack in the roof seam and I thought got it, but after cleaning the area in solvents I didn't see anything coming in that area or around the windscreen I thought maybe I had disturbed enough to stop anything coming in, so sealed it up.๐Ÿค

20220107-093725.jpg

Nevertheless, I had my suspicions hence why I didn't put all the trim back just in case and after a few days of wet weather it has come back, my guess is it coming in further along the roof gutter somewhere. I will investigate when the weather permits, in the meantime plenty of tissue and moisture trap to keep the car dry.ย ๐Ÿ™„

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Captain Tolleys?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322512805440

That particular one is out of stock at the moment but usually comes back in stock fairly quickly. Been watching it for quite a while now, not used it yet myself but has come highly recommended by others.

As Mrs Beeton says, first catch your rabbit or in your case, first find your leak! ;):D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

Finally getting to grips with the leak ๐Ÿ˜ฌ roof rails removed, lovely day for it at least๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Will be interesting to see if you find anything, got this problem on one of the Jazz and it has been suggested the rails are the problem too.ย 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Will be interesting to see if you find anything

Since removing the rails the roof gutters have revealed a few areas where water could be getting in with cracks in the seam sealant. I have fixed this issue on loads of civics over the years and a couple of accords very recently.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Water leak fixed ๐Ÿ˜ basically both roof gutters in the seams where the body meets the roof had visible cracks in the rear parts. This is aย  common thing on all Hondas but since the roof rails made it tricky to track and the area I noticed water coming in led me in a different direction for a little while. Not forgetting the weather working against me all the way which is to be expected ๐Ÿ™„ nonetheless the car is finally all put back together now. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1