Subscriptions & Donations ×

KB1 Legend Alarm "Incident"

RevvinKevin

• Site Subscriber’s

Stepped out the house this morning with arms full of cardboard recycling. Pressed the keyfob to unlock the boot and the security alarm started sounding and I couldn't shut it off!

Think I accidentally pushed it here buttons on the fob at the same time but not sure. Alarm (electronic siren) sounding from the rear of the car. Alarmed for a while, stopped and repeated 5 seconds later and repeated again and again and again.

Eventually is did shut down for a while but would start again and repeat as I wondered wtf was going on.

Horn was NOT sounding and the immobiliser was not active so I suspected an ultrasonic (or a tilt switch) issue.

No mention in the handbook which fuse or circuit the security system uses, probably for obvious reasons!

Used the spare key to lock/unlocks doors be no difference.

Drove to the petrol station with the alarm going off and on but half way to the recycling centre it stopped.  No rhyme or reason but just stopped. Both journeys were a matter of yards not miles. Probably no more than a mile and a half to 2 miles max after which I haven't had any more occurrence......yet!

Any thoughts?

Off to get some new fob batteries CR1616 - just in case .

• Like 2

• Moderators

Do you have a personal alarm button on the fob  ?  Is that what you pressed do you think?

Usually,  pressing the unlock and then the lock button resets that on some cars..just cycling the locks basically,.....not sure about the legend though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ah, OK,  it was just a thought, bit odd only the sounder going off though. 

The sounders usually have their own battery and they go off independently if the power from the battery of the car is lost thereby losing the ability to sound the horn and flash the lights.

It must have got confused with the two button press...shall I, shan't I   😂

Take it everything back to normal then ?

• Like 2