Subscriptions & Donations ×

New E10 Fuel in the Elysion or Premium from now on?

Farley

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the consensus is going to be on fueling the Elysions.

Is the E10 fuel going to work ok / be a good idea, as I currently fill up with the 95 unleaded.

Or is it a case of putting in premium from now on.

My engine is the 2.4 although I suppose the 3.0 will be in the same situation?

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Farley said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the consensus is going to be on fueling the Elysions.

Is the E10 fuel going to work ok / be a good idea, as I currently fill up with the 95 unleaded.

Or is it a case of putting in premium from now on.

My engine is the 2.4 although I suppose the 3.0 will be in the same situation?

You will be ok with the 2.4 four pot, using E10 , apart from the loss of a couple miles per gallon.

The 3 litre V6 can also use it but runs best on super unleaded....the timing auto adjusts for lower octane 95 but with reduced power obviously. 

The E10 fuel can be used in any Honda fuel injection system engine as I understand it.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

I have run the Elysion on E10 previously but reverted to E5 due to low speed hesitation and noisy tickover. 

Recently I had to put E10 in again as there was no E5 🙃🙃 available..this after running really low many miles after the fuel light came on.

This means the E10 is the majority fuel in the tank...the day after refuelling and for subsequent early morning starts the engine fails to start after a couple of revolutions, as normal, necessitating another turn of the key.

The engine fires immediately but runs rough for a few seconds before settling down.

Anyone else had anything like this? And was it E10 related ???........ maybe I have another fault coming on ???😢

• Sad 1

• Administrators
On 8/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, PTR200S said:

Anyone else had anything like this? And was it E10 related ???.

In general, the oddy runs fine on either grade with no real-world savings regards MPG I would say E10 did just as good but the performance suffered, so that's the saving I guess. However, from a cold start, E10 idle can be lumpy even had the engine ocasionally stall and thought it might be a fault looming, but switching to E5 sorted it. 👍

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Still on E10 as no E5 was available.....current average mpg dropped slightly again, maybe as its now pure E10 in the tank....currently averaged over the last few days 20.5 mpg 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

The starting hiccup seems to have corrected itself so maybe not E10 related, or the Elysion has adapted (you will be assimilated!!).

what is a bigger issue is that loss of 50 geegees,  nearly had the right hand side of the Elysion stoved in today..a smart pull away into the flow of a roundabout saw the Elysion hesitate then sedately pull away off the mark...

This has happened a few times but not as a big of a problem as today ...there is just no get up and go...so as the fuel level heads towards (net 🙃 ) zero the next port of call will be for E5...assuming there is any to be had 😭😭😭😭

• Sad 2