Subscriptions & Donations ×

Rear "aircraft " vents not working

PTR200S

• Moderators

They did used to blow as complaints from rear passengers will testify!!!

I can wind up the system in manual mode and it will blow from the floor vents but not at the head height vents.  Bear in mind this is a separate heating and aircon system operating in the rear of the Elysion.  It's controlled off the dash display or off a roof mounted display behind the front seats accessible by the passengers in the second row of seating.

Pics......    I will try and get posted tomorrow .

• Like 1

• Moderators

No, they are turned on /off using the display controls but the vent can be closed off or restrict the airflow in the same way as dashboard vents, as you can see in the pics, two vents per bank, two banks per side of the vehicle above head height......

interior-rear-air-vents-1.jpg

interior-rear-air-vents-2.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

More I think about it the more I think it's an actuator problem for selection of the direction of air from the blower.....floor, floor/ head vents, vents only etc.

Wonder if that is in the same place as the Odyssey one, in the offside rear panel....

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, st123 said:

Thanks for that.

Second is possible failure but I need to get at the unit first and establish which bit is actually the problem..it could be as simple as the flap being stuck or the actuator motor or switch gear....

Don't actually know when I will have the time to dismantle  it yet, looks to be a few hours of a job just to get at everything in order to check for the fault 😢

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Finally got around to checking this yesterday.....

Fired engine up, decided to select the rear heating / cooling requirements from the rear cabin overhead console....on full aircon auto it seemed to dribble air, as expected, so selected mode version and overhead vents...wtf !!! Blowing like a good un !!!!

Went back to front console , selected rear cabin, all info had transferred to display and was able to select and reselect the aircraft vents at will...

No idea what's going on but back to normal now !!!

• Confused 1