Subscriptions & Donations ×

Newbie with elysion 2.4 lpg and interior media system advice

Yorkshire pudding

Hi people, just got a new import elysion  the 2.4i model. I previously had an elgrand and that was converted to lpg as it was 3.5 v6. I can get this converted to lpg by same lads for 800 all in. My question is has anyone had this engine converted or if not what are you getting on a full tank of petrol miles per tank please, that would be extremely helpful. 

Second question (sorry!) 

This fab Japanese stuff is great and loved elgrand so hoping honda will be similar,  only downside is the media system as the elgrand was all Japanese and hard to convert to English. I get that the sat nav is debunked I can live with that but can I pair my phone to it at all? And will dvds play whilst driving for kids etc ? I notice it has a card reader and av points , has anyone linked anything up to create a media system for it? Any help most appreciated.  I've read some forum that the android screens you buy off ebay are not compatible so looking for alternatives.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

First, welcome aboard! Second, feel free to introduce yourself in the Newbie section :

https://honda6.ipbhost.com/forum/7-newbies-say-hi/

Pictures are always welcomed demanded! :P

As for your query, can't help much on the sat-nag/audio front but some members have converted/changed the head unit, i expect they'll be along soon to give you some pointers. With the LPG, as a general rule of thumb, Hondas respond well to LPG and often give improved economy on it against what the petrol economy would be. Seems a pretty good price for the conversion though, do you know what system they will be fitting?

• Like 2

• Moderators

One of those Stag systems should cope with what you've got there, some older systems are a bit slow to respond to different fueling needs with VTEC and/or variable length intakes and can throw an engine management light.

As long as they don't compromise the way the seats work by fitting a cylindrical tank in a stupid place you should be ok. ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

You're welcome, no i haven't got an Elysion, don't think i've ever owned an import except for a 1967 Rover P6, bought new in 67 by an Army officer (Colonel i think) overseas and "Declared New at First Registration" back in the UK in 1971 so had a J registration. Not strictly speaking an import though.

You can see what i've got in my signature line in my posts, currently converting the Volvo to LPG using a King system, self-designed and made injection nozzle adaptors (saves having to drill the inlet manifold), the Rover will be next but the injection nozzle adaptors are a bit more tricky, basic design is similar it's the spacers to lift the fuel rails that are tricky on the Rover. Using a Diego KME system on that (near identical to a Stag 300-6) as that responds faster than the King/AEB ECU and will cope with the variable length inlets.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi and welcome from over here too !!!!  Somewhat west of your location 🤣

As the Laird says, don't forget those "compulsory pictures " !!!!  😛

Not much to add to the info provided, the infotainment question has a lot of different answers, from just installing a band expander to ripping out the Japanese system and replacing it with some generic combined sat nav radio etc to using a double din kit or getting in touch with the Russian Elysion supplier for a replacement unit which apparently comes with some "interesting" instructions  !!!  Also heard that an Odyssey unit can be adapted..

have a look here to start....

There is some useful info on the Elysion owners faceache pages but it's it's difficult search on there...the Russian contact is on there too

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

As long as they don't compromise the way the seats work by fitting a cylindrical tank in a stupid place you should be ok. ;):D

This 👆

There is a big space where the spare wheel carrier sits....under the back boot area...could lose the spare wheel, carry an emergency puncture inflator instead...and pray  !!

• Like 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Yorkshire pudding said:

Tell you what, the rover p6 absolutely amazing car. My dad had the 2.2 but I'm sure they did 3.500. 

They did indeed, i had the early 2.0 SC, the later version was more powerful and had the option of the TC for more power still, about 1974 i think they introduced the 2.2 in SC (usually auto) and TC forms and the 3.5 V8 had been available since 1967 if memory serves. Also had 7 or 8 SD1s, all V8 except two of them.

27 minutes ago, Yorkshire pudding said:

Lpg is future !

I totally agree, certainly at present. Vastly reduced emissions and (currently at least) much cheaper than petrol. A much better alternative to BEVs IMHO with an infinitely lower carbon footprint than any BEV as the car already exists and won't plunder more of the earths resources just to create it.

I think BEVs are a passing fad, much like diseasels were, they will ultimately grow a brain and decide making new cars (and other consumer goods) isn't viable and converting the existing ones to run on a synthetic petrol is likely how they'll go before they discover the joys of ionic propulsion and anti-gravity to reduce the weight to improve economy. That said, most of that is still hush-hush top secret stuff at the moment but will eventually filter down to us mere mortals.

Until that point, LPG is definitely the way forward! ;):D

• Like 2