Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Review

st123

• Moderators

This is an Elysion owned by one of the faceache group, Bradford Bines, ( owns a Toyota Century too !) and he has put some time and effort into it although he is yet to dump the jap radio sat navigation as you heard. Was  up for sale last August " 7-8k" he thought, still for sale I believe. That wasn't the original reg either so he may have got a private plate....or has has TWO Elysion!!! Currently sorn on that plate and none existent on EP07EWA so just one I guess !

The vtec roar is courtesy of an induction kit and he has added a few mugen being bits too!!   Only ever seen the quad exhaust pipe on this one van so not sure its standard. 

This is the mk 2 version of the Elysion with the 3.5 motor, quite a bit different to the 3 litre version which is the one most like our Coupes, many changes on this Elysion from the early versions like the centre console,  rear lights, front grill / nose area etc. Reviewer implied the mk 2 version was from 2013 on, well that is a Chinese built unit and quite a bit different. 

He , the reviewer, wasn’t very clear with the road tax and gave the impression that it was high ?? but basically imported vehicles, over ten years old at least, ( maybe earlier too but never bothered to check ! ) get the engine size rating of the over 1600 group, currently £280. High compared with modern soap box cars, I guess. 

Good general review though , wonder if he might review a Coupe 😁😁😁😁

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

The vtec roar is courtesy of an induction kit

The cheapo mushroom filter is hardly an induction kit, you're just being nice Pete. 😆

5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

This is the mk 2 version of the Elysion with the 3.5 motor

I orginally questioned what he was saying and had to play it back, but the Elysion Prestige is sub model to the standard Elysion range.👍

Honda Elysion mk1 (2004-2008)

Honda Elysion facelifted (2008-2013)

Honda Elysion Prestige mk1 (2007-2008) whats in the video

Honda Elysion Prestige facelifted (2008-2013)

Honda Elysion mk2 is assembled & sold in China. (2013-present)

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

The cheapo mushroom filter is hardly an induction kit, you're just being nice Pete. 😆

I orginally questioned what he was saying and had to play it back, but the Elysion Prestige is sub model to the standard Elysion range.👍

Honda Elysion mk1 (2004-2008)

Honda Elysion facelifted (2008-2013)

Honda Elysion Prestige mk1 (2007-2008) whats in the video

Honda Elysion Prestige facelifted (2008-2013)

Honda Elysion mk2 is assembled & sold in China. (2013-present)

haha , yes a big cone filter doesn't really qualify 😂

The trouble i have with "facelift" is exactly that, what qualifies as a facelift as opposed to a "mk whatever" version.

The Elysion,  for me , has enough substantial changes in its 2007 on model to become a "mk2" !! Not least of which is the fact that the engine became a 3.5 with no relation to the 3 litre including a different gearbox, more bhp, interior changes, front end and rear end changes plus a host of other changes too.

Had it been a Ford, Vauxhall etc with a few front end changes that they call facelifted I could run with that 🤣🤣🤣

Still, good points with regard to changes, Stu, thanks for that, I did originally thinks the Prestige model was one up on the likes of the VX , VZ etc but it would appear to be a cosmetic change or two mostly, a sort of sideway model off the main model as you say.

• Like 2

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

The Elysion,  for me , has enough substantial changes in its 2007 on model to become a "mk2" !! Not least of which is the fact that the engine became a 3.5 with no relation to the 3 litre including a different gearbox, more bhp, interior changes, front end and rear end changes plus a host of other changes too.

There were only minor changes between Honda Elysion mk1 (2004-2008) and Honda Elysion facelifted (2008-2013) all the same engine options as pre-facelift. Only the Prestige models with the bigger grill got the 3.5 engine, which could just be named Honda Prestige to avoid confusion.🖐️

• Like 3

• Moderators

Are you referring to minor changes just being tailgate, lights, front end, interior type changes ?

There are so called Prestige models with 2.4 engines according to the dealers selling them and 3 litre models beyond 2007 don't seem to be around that I can see with a brief look at the adverts. https://www.motors.co.uk/car-58957583

Seems like a lot of the later models are all Prestige versions , as you say with the 3.5 legend motor ..???

Perhaps the dealers are tending down that route now, just importing the Prestige, they didn't appear to have that between 2004 and 2007 according to the launch blurb from Honda.  A number of Aero and Navi models were though.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

There are so called Prestige models with 2.4 engines according to the dealers selling

Prestige models are a model in there own right, 🙃 offered with 2.4 and 3.5 engines. I would have naturally assumed the Prestige was just the highest spec' as early Odyssey Prestige only had 3.0 V6 engines, no 2.2 or 2.3 L4 but the Japanese think differently to us mear mortals. 😆

• Like 2