Subscriptions & Donations ×

Variable intermittent wipers

PTR200S

• Moderators

Sometime ago I posed the possibility of having variable timing on the intermittent setting of the wiper control on my Coupe. 

I never got around to following it up but a couple of days ago I trawled the net looking for the correct age of Coupe, in V6 form ,with variable time control. I got a load of hits , all USA based and all purporting to be the correct item for the Coupe. 

So the question is this ; if I buy the lever unit with the timer control will it be a plug and play ?

I have looked for information on part numbers using most Honda sites and nowhere do they list the alternative variable timer control in their inventory. 

As our Coupes are "USA " then all these secondhand units should be good to go ? Or is there another control unit needed somewhere?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't give a definitive answer Pete but the timer relay will have extra pins on for the external time control, likewise the switch will have extra pins for the control. Does your loom have the extra wiring in place? If so, there's a good chance it will be plug'n'play assuming the rest of the pins are the same and in the same place.

Maybe if Stu has access to the USA and UK wiring diagrams he could check the wiring and confirm whether it's likely to work or not. Theory says if you have all the right parts and wiring it should work nicely. ;):D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 12/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, PTR200S said:

So the question is this ; if I buy the lever unit with the timer control will it be a plug and play ?

Based I what I have seen on the RHD wiring loom it was specially made and many features that EX coupes had in the USA weren't even thought of for the UK hatch and saloon, so many options are not available as result, so I doubt it will be plug and play, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1