Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 Front Brake Discs

hughezee

• Administrators

I have been an avid supporter of ADL Blueprint ADH24383 or Febi 31399 front discs, which both come from the well respected Bilstein Group. They are pretty much the double the thickness of the OEM disc although no a perfect fit when it comes to the pad position. Nevertheless, they're a great aftermarket solution and will give years of trouble-free service. However, I have started to notice a better selection of aftermarket parts popping up for the coupe and I spied some Brembo 09.6752.20 on Eurotrash ECP...

BRAKES.jpg

So I thought what the hell and picked some up today...

20200928-163640.jpg20200928-170646.jpg

Well as you can see below they fitted, but I don't think they would be very safe over an extended period, if you take a look at the carrier gap, this space could easily allow the pad to slip out at 70% worn which could be lethal.  

20200928-170642.jpg

Thankfully when I purchased my new calipers from the USA they came with new carriers but they didn't fit the blueprint discs I had previously fitted, so I reused the old ones. So rather than chalk it up and take them back I decided to dig out the new carriers and they fitted perfectly (pictured below).

20200928-170451.jpg20200928-170447.jpg

So be vigilant when fitting any aftermarket discs, your life could depend on it.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• This topic was pinned and featured
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

The Civic / crv / stream disks are same size then as Coupe? and another Chinese jobby.     😞

Well, they won't actually fit your car safely despite being sold to that effect and the vast majority all come from china these days anyway.

• Sad 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

the vast majority all come from china these days anyway.

Sadly, you are right, noticed a lot of stuff recently with China stamped on, stuff we used to produce in this country.

Just bought a chipper with a "honda" engine in, a Loncin engine....made in China under license from Honda   😞

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Founding Member
9 minutes ago, hughezee said:

All the calipers and carriers where pre powder coated red, I liked it for a while but have painted them all black now...

I must admit I still like the OEM look in silver.

But black is good with the right alloys

• Like 4