Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Odyssey RA6 2000-2003 ​Catalytic Converter

hughezee

• Administrators

Finally bagged a half-decent aftermarket CAT a EuroFlo ECHA5012TA for the RA6 odyssey 😁 (might fit the Accord 3.0 V6) originally intended for the UK 98-02 Accord but its a proven CAT and OEM size, unlike many others, updates to follow soon 👍

• Like 4

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

If that turn out to be a good conversion for the coupe that would be an excellent find ! 🙂

Would be good if it did fit the Coupe as other aftermarket CATS are more restricting which are ok for the F-series engines although still can clog up or lose the efficiency easily after a couple of years...

The ECHA5012TA CAT is almost OEM spec and is likely the best you're going to get for the money and it works and lasts well never had to replace one yet.

Another OEM spec https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosal/1335410

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators

Well, not 100% happy with the catalytic converter that arrived today, apart from some bubble wrap with the correct number ECHA5012TA, the part is wrapped inside is not ECHA5012TA euroflo catalytic coverer as I have fitted these CATS before and this is labelled & etched HA6004T which is an equivalent from European Exhaust & Catalyst, granted it is better made than a KLARIUS 311839 nevertheless its not a proven part to me and neither what I ordered. 🙄

I have raised my concern with euroflo themselves if they supplied CATs as substitutes as it happens with some companies as the supplier said that's what they were sent by euroflo?

• Sad 3
  • grrrr 1

• Moderators

That is really annoying, I am also getting fed up with the items ordered not being the actual ones that arrive... just too many companies now taking the p!$$ and supplying what THEY think is the correct substitute item.🤬

Are you going to send it back ? or try it out.......... at your expense though? 🙄

• Sad 2

• Moderators

I'm a tad miffed with Euroflo as well. A coupleor three years back when i replaced the exhaust system on the Sterling, i couldn't work out why the back box was such a pig to fit.

A few months back (last summer, end of) i took the back box off to look at it and lo & behold, it was a back box for a KV6 powered car! 🙄

I twas labelled as being correct for the C27 powered car though, i suspect they decided "one size fits all" and slapped a label on it and called it good. Muppets!

The back boxes are totally different, for a start the KV6 box is a bigger bore (which will kill the C27 in terms of power and economy) but more importantly, the flanges are in a different rotational position on the mid and rear sections so it was always going to sit at an odd angle with the bend in the pipe clouting the rear spring pan.

Temporarily i've cut the pipe and used a sleeve joint to rotate it but need to sort something better long term.

• Sad 3

• Moderators

That's just shoddy customer service. That really jerks my strings, bought a replacement dashcam for the Rover a couple of weeks back, when i unpacked it i thought the blue plastic fim across it was just scrunched up because someone hadn't put it on straight, peeled it back and the mirror glass was broken!

Sent a message via ebay, no response so escalated it to "Item arrived damaged" - that was a week ago and still nothing.

Sounds as if you're in the same boat, i know firms are operating on reduced staff levels at the moment but the least they could do is set the email to auto-reply something along the lines of "Due to CV-19, we are currently short-staffed, as such we will take longer than normal to give your query the attention it deserves. However, please rest assured it will be given our fullest attention ASAP and the current delay is x days".

• Like 3