Subscriptions & Donations ×

​Honda Elysion Drivers Storage Compartment Fix

PTR200S

• Moderators

A job on today, apart from cleaning the beast, was to try and fit the pocket that fits to the right side of the steering wheel about knee height.

When I got the van the original was broken but the importer supplied a brand new one , genuine Honda,.......I tried fitting it at the time but couldn't get it to snap into place.  I have done other ones on Accord Tourers / Civic and had no problem.

This one I just cannot get it in place to make it operate properly.

Now I can't recall which way round the spring fits and 18 months plus on it still sits on the workbench.😜

Anyone any thoughts on which way the spring fits...better still just nip round and fit it for me before I lose the will to live 😄

pocket-1.jpg

pocket-2.jpg

pocket-3.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

pocket-3.jpg

At a rough guess, id say turn the spring round on that hook on the back of the tray so the coils of the spring are flush with the back of it and then find the holes in the dash where the two "hooks" slot in. I suspect it has a sort of over-centre movement so it stays fully out or fully in with a delicate "balance point" somewhere in the middle. ;):D

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

At a rough guess, id say turn the spring round on that hook on the back of the tray so the coils of the spring are flush with the back of it and then find the holes in the dash where the two "hooks" slot in. I suspect it has a sort of over-centre movement so it stays fully out or fully in with a delicate "balance point" somewhere in the middle. ;):D

oops, buggered it now, broken the bracket off the pocket..... screwed the spring off, put some velcro on to hold it shut 🤣

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
18 hours ago, Darren said:

I've just bought an Elysion and this bit is missing. Do you know when I can source one from please?

welcome to H6nda  !

Which Elysion have you got??

Post a bit about it in the Newbie section if you can 😁

Which bit is missing ? 

The complete pocket ? Or the spring ?

• Like 2