Subscriptions & Donations ×

Dunlop Sport Blu Response 205/55/16 W

PTR200S

• Moderators

As I have now ditched the old Michelin rear tyres, (11 years old !!) and replaced them with these Blu Response ones I thought I would start a new thread and report how they perform. Note these are standard wheels / size, not aftermarket ones.

Currently, the new ones are on the rear but in about 100 miles or so I will be switching to the front and putting the Davanti on the back.

At the same time as the switch the tracking will be done as the left hand front tyre (Davanti) has just an inkling of a feathering to the outer edge.  This may explain a small amount of pull to the left when neither under power nor braking.

The National Tyres guys that fitted the new boots were quick and efficient, just half an hour done and sorted, torqued the wheel nuts properly too !!,............. BUT they omitted to put my SHINY (! 😄 ) metal valve caps on the new valves,🙄,,no biggy as I have a packet of them so just replaced them when I got home.

• Moderators

Only done about 12 miles on them so very new and greasy but interestingly the "drone" from the rear of the car has gone 🤩 . The one in the passenger side is still there..

The Responses are 68 decibels and the Mitchelins were 72 decibel so a bit of a saving but I suspect its more to do with soft rubber versus the hard rubber of the old tyres. 

Whatever it is, the car sounds, and feels, wonderfully smooth in comparison to the ride up to the fitters. Same roads, 20mph trickling up to 60mph  plus ( ahem) on rural country roads......good job I saw the camera van before it saw me..I hope....

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Getting on for a year now since fitting the Dunlop Sport Blu Response. 

I moved them to the front as said , so for the majority of the year they have taken the main abuse, now roughly half worn and well run in !!

They have been great tyres but no more so than the Davanti and now the shoulders are rounding off.  To be fair just about any new tyre I have had recently have had very soft sidewalls and this seems to lead to rounding off at the top of the sidewall to tread interface.....of course hard cornering probably doesn't help 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As far as road holding goes they grip very well with good sideways control when under load,  say on a roundabout , not much understeer....

As always, a however !!!!......recently fast starts off roundabout entries or getting smarly out of T junctions causes a bit of wheelspin now the tread is down to halfway. Part of the problem is the slick wet roads, leaves and general detritus at this time of the year and, oh yes, the fast starts probably don't help 🤪🤪🤪

Having said all that I would probably,  on balance,  fit them again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Another 1000 miles on since the last report on the Blu Response back in December and they wearing evenly across the tread which is good.

The roads are still pretty bad, full of mud , wet, leaves , usual stuff for this time of the year and these tyres do spin up relatively easily from standstill. However the grip level when underway is very good, cornering is precise under the current circumstances with plenty of confidence. 

Noise level is low in comparison to previous tyres.

Still happy with them  😁

Just got to clean the crap off the car !

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

After the report on Devanti tyres it reminded me about these too..

another 1000 miles on and these Dunlop Blue Response tyres and they are bugging me now, spin up at the slightest prod of the loud pedal from a standstill in all but dry conditions...bit of damp and they are bad off the line....in normal driving they seem to be sure footed.

They are about half worn, visually,  so must check the actual depth of the tread to be sure.....I won't be buying them again for the Coupe although they did work well on the Jazz 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just had a clean up of the wheels on the Coupe and noticed the Blue Response don't have rim protector ridges....whereas the Devanti do have them...

Wonder if this is why the sidewalls are so soft and rounded...would a rim protector bit of rubber help  ???

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators

As the nearside front has a terminal puncture I am looking at changing the tyre to another brand.

That means two tyres really, as at 93 quid for the blue response it is a bit steep for one, with a grip factor has really gone south.

I am now considering Falkens once more...I would like to try the "four seasons" type really, the type that was the only one available a long time back !!  None of your summer this, winter that, snowflake tyres, mud tyres etc !!!

Anyway to finish off the Response thread, OK tyre initially,  good grip both in the dry and wet, long-lived but around the halfway mark, maybe a touch more,  the grip on fast pull off is overwhelmed by the 200 gee gees. 

Worked well on the lesser horse powered Jazz 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2