Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Rear Tail / Brake light socket failure

PTR200S

• Moderators

In an unfortunate incident involving tracking down water ingress into the offside rear light unit I managed to drop the bulb from the brake tail socket down the rear interior panels... that I can deal with but what was more annoying was the fact that the socket the bulb fits into seems to be disintegrating...checked the nearside too and that also has lost a piece of the socket.

They look to have the "hot/cold" fatigue in the plastic... 

They look like Accord rear brake tail sockets, unfortunate that I can't check this as I have sold the Tourer !

I have tracked a Honda part number down 33515-S50-003.........just as a long shot does anyone have a standard accord parts manual they could check it on?  I think they are probably all the same sockets in a number of Honda but I need to be sure as this is a Jap import only vehicle...obviously!!!

• Confused 1

Don`t know if this helps you out

SOCKET (T20W W)

Genuine Honda (33515S50003)

33515-S50-003
Weight 0.010 kgs 
Catalog SOCKET (T20W W)
Honda 33515S50003 - SOCKET, BULB
From
Price, GBP
Shipping cost to 
United Kingdom
Delivered to you by?
Availability  
Japan 4.53 5.79 Jan 25 - Feb 03 >1

UAE 6.06 10.19 Jan 28 11

This part may fit to
 For reference only. We're not guarantee 100% compatibility.
Brand
Honda
Model
Accord
Avancier
Ballade
City
Civic
Civic Ferio
Civic Hybrid
Elysion
Fit
Fit Aria
Inspire
Integra SJ
Jazz
Legend
Logo
Mobilio
Odyssey
Torneo
Z
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Thanks, yes, found this one and it looks the same, quite a bit cheaper than the UK supplied version !!

Downside is the delivery time, could do with it sooner rather than later (Amazon supply at 24 quid a throw !!)  but I think I should get two of them, one each side...just got to work out how to get the vent cover of the lower offside panel, inside, below the boot light... then I can get me bulb back !! You just know it will be an irritating in car rattle if you don't !!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Decided to risk it and wait for the Jap delivery, Elly can just run around with no brake /tail on that side as there is a central and left brake light on anyway and there are three tail lights left as well ....😁   .might tape the old socket up yet though.

• Like 2

• Moderators

St123, do you know if Amayama force change your passwords every month say?

Had to have a couple of goes logging in, each time failed but then ended up changing the password to the original one anyway ?? !!!!!

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Arrived today 😁

Top right is the original with the broken side, new one bottom right.

Brilliant service once again from Amayama ....all the way from Japan ! for not a lot of money ! 

Trade deal direct with japan needed, screw the EU taxman off........

New-rear-socket.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators

As the Elysion is now off the road for the suspension repairs I decided to pull the rear light sockets as there was condensation inside the lenses.  The nearside rear socket had finally disintegrated as the offside did last year.

Luckily I had ordered two last time so a simple swap of the socket and good to go....except the new red bulbs don't fit !!!! 

20230131-131313.jpg

The bulbs are standard fitting but they just don't fit the genuine honda sockets !!!!! Put the old ones back 😜😜😜😜😜

• Like 2