Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Power Steering Pump Rattling Noise

st123

• Moderators

Are you sure its a bearing ? these pumps are prone to seal leakage and suck air into the system creating a noise....

Can you see if any air is being fed back into the PS reservoir?

You can buy all the seals to rebuild the pump..... 😜  at a price !

If you are lucky it might just be the feed/supply pipe seals causing the problem....do you have any leakage anywhere? sometimes the seals on the back of the pump go but you will see some seepage.

If you still think its the bearing take the belt off and turn the pump by hand, you will feel any problem immediately if it is making noise.

Edit: another thought, have you changed the PS fluid recently? did you bleed it thoroughly?

• Like 4

• Moderators

Like Pete says, old (or low) fluid in the pump can cause cavitation which can sound like a rattle. Worth checking the level to start with, topping up if needed.

Then get a big syringe and empty the reservoir with it. Discharge the syringe into a white plastic container (Pot Noodle pots are good for this) so you can see the dirt if there is any.

Top up with new fluid, start the engine and turn the steering from lock to lock several times slowly to bleed the system. Recheck the level then repeat this weekly untl the fluid is clean. This will hopefully sort you out - or at least the PAS pump! ;):D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed all the seals from PS pump because of a loud grinding, whining noise and flushed the system and all great again. 

By the way Mike Raven has helped me posting the car for sale but for some reason I can't reply to topic so if anybody interested please reply here or to me directly. 

Or if anybody knows how to reply on that topic please let me know. 

Thanks

• Like 3

• Administrators
22 hours ago, BoMar said:

if anybody knows how to reply on that topic please let me know. 

The classifieds are reserved for site subscribers we had few people join just to sell a motor, feel free to message me directly with any details you would like to add fella...

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, hughezee said:

The classifieds are reserved for site subscribers we had few people join just to sell a motor, feel free to message me directly with any details you would like to add fella...

Fair enough 

At least I know what the issue was 😉

Thanks 

• Like 2