Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Rear Fog Light

st123

• Moderators

Might get it through an MoT if tester is "friendly" but technically it should be red....

Do you mean orange as in indicator orange ? 

Or an "off" red ???

Possible that it is a painted red bulb that is fading.... is it in the offside rear light cluster? Reversing lamp replacement type?

• Like 2

• Moderators

I would guess that the red "paint" is coming off the bulb in the cluster, possible someone has just used a red fibre pen to colour a standard clear bulb...

That is a reverse light position housing that has been converted to rear fog.

I have used just a standard red 21 watt bulb in there and its fine.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Its easy to get at, the panel access just comes away and with a bit of dexterity you can untwist the lamp holder, couple minutes and its done.

If you get it out, post a pic of it, be interested to see what it is...

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hmmm, that looks like a "genuine " painted / dipped bulb but it obviously isn't right.

If you can get an led version in red with all round light , not directional then worthwhile..

I can tell you i couldn't get an led, 21watt equivalent though, in this format without waiting and with my mot looming i had to get the version you have there.....but mine is actually red !!!!!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Honda Elysion Rear Fog Light
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
46 minutes ago, Brett said:

Talking about LEDs Iv got internal ones fitted and are fantastic.

twice the brightest as normal ones.

https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/interior-leds/festoon-led-bulbs/31mm-festoon-led/14k-gold-festoon-31mm

Yep, used these guys too, good stuff.

Always convert my interior lights as soon as I get a vehicle, fantastic difference but quite a "cold" light not warm and fuzzy !!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

quite a "cold" light not warm and fuzzy !!!

You can get "Warm White" LED bulbs if you want "warm and fuzzy" Pete or go for yellow or amber for warmer and fuzzier still.

If you want "psychadelic baby", there are even colour changing ones that can be set to either auto-change or changed via remote control or set to change colour to music................ :o

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Following on here , st123, sorry for highjacking the thread but wondered what switch you have operating the fog light !!!

Mine was installed by the importer,  a tiny round switch with a telltale on it fitted into a blank next to the two electric rear door switches.

It's never looked right and when I got the van back from the bodyshop recently and saw it again I decided to change it for this .

s-l1600.jpg

It's not quite right in colour or exact size but is close enough but interestingly when I changed it over I only had three wires on the old one, the new one had four.  Two input positive,  one for feed to the fog light and one for a light circuit feed. Joined them together because my feed is off the light circuit anyway.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Mine was a round one set in the switch blank..so yours looks better straight off the bat !!

Does look as though they have not installed the switch mount on yours though ??

Here is mine now...

20220519-145614.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1