Subscriptions & Donations ×

Rear shock mount plates

KingK0ng

Hello guys,

Just got few other oem parts today and noticed something strange. I got 2 rear shock mount plates with reference 52675-S84-A01 but one is Made in Japan and the other is Assembled in USA.

Thing is that the one coming from Japan has a rubber ring on it just like the pictures below ( i'm not talking about the bushing on top but the circle ring just below )

http://www.nokindustry.com/images/product_small/3204 1 0024 4.jpg

In the other hand the one from USA doesn't have a rubber ring and look like this one below

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81fNLASHxXL._SX425_.jpg

As both parts have the same oem part number what's going wrong here ? Does the USA one is missing the rubber ? Do the coupe have this rubber from factory ? because i didn't remove mines yet to see if they have those rubber ring too. Also what are for those rubber ring exactly ? 

• Like 4

I wans't meaning the spring mount. Don't know if the links image work but i'll insert the illustration below so you can understand what i mean.

On the left is the Japan mount and right USA. The rubber ring i was talking about is pointed with the green arrow and present on the Japan version while on the USA one there is no rubber at all, it's full metal. So i don't know if it's normal or the rubber is missing on the USA mount. Also don't know if on the coupe there is a rubber or not on the rear shock mount as well... 

2poskt5.jpg

• Confused 3

• Moderators

I wonder if the Jap version is for an "Accord" generically...with the Coupe being made in the USA and Stu diagram not showing a rubber ring it would suggest the USA version is correct.

A couple of the guys on this forum have had their suspension off recently so could say for sure and Stu has done loads so I am sure someone will confirm shortly.

• Like 2

• Moderators

There's a lot of detail differences in those two photos, i doubt whether they'd make any difference in practical terms but the big question is, if you remove that "O" ring from the Japanese one, is the profile underneath the same as the USA one? If not, i'd reject the Jap one and get them to swap it for another USA one. Maybe it's being fussy, pedantic or whatever you care to call it but if there is a difference then it's almost certainly there for a reason. Out of interest, what are the original top mounts like? If they're the same as the USA one then again, that adds weight to keeping it USA.

It could simply be one is an updated part and the other isn't.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

if you remove that "O" ring from the Japanese one, is the profile underneath the same as the USA one?

I though about that but the "O" ring is actually well glued and as soon as i can't be sure which mount is the correct one to use i won't peel it off.

• Like 2

• Administrators
16 hours ago, KingK0ng said:

I wans't meaning the spring mount. Don't know if the links image work but i'll insert the illustration below so you can understand what i mean.

Yeah sorry, I see what you mean now, just checked my spares both CG4. CG2 rear top mounts are the same but the V6 ones I have also have the rubber damping ring as you pointed out, so looks like they've sent you one of each variant, same with rear subframes being different on the CG4 to the CG2...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Yeah sorry, I see what you mean now, just checked my spares both CG4. CG2 rear top mounts are the same but the V6 ones I have also have the rubber damping ring as you pointed out, so looks like they've sent you one of each variant, same with rear subframes being different on the CG4 to the CG2...

So the CG4 mount you have doesn't have any rubber damping ring at all ?

i checked the diagram parts and both CG4 and CG2 share the same rear top mounts reference number. If it's the case i don't understand one would come with a rubber ring and the other not. Now i don't know if it's better that use the one with the rubber ring or not.. Do you have any idea what this rubber ring purpose ?

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 4/18/2019 at 8:17 PM, KingK0ng said:

So the CG4 mount you have doesn't have any rubber damping ring at all ?

There are many changes over the production years not saying a later CG4 doesn't have them as I have a set of early CG2 top mounts without rubber dampers also, some CG4's & CG2's have double caliper pistons some have single piston for example?

Either way, they should work fine and are completely interchangeable, otherwise, Honda wouldn't have supplied them?

• Like 1

There are many changes over the production years not saying a later CG4 doesn't have them as I have a set of early CG2 top mounts without rubber dampers also, some CG4's & CG2's have double caliper pistons some have single piston for example?

Either way, they should work fine and are completely interchangeable, otherwise, Honda wouldn't have supplied them?.

Your theory seems correct because the USA package i got is worn and look quite old while the Japan package is in mint condition and look recent. So for unknown reason it seems they later added those rubber ring to the rear top mounts for both CG2/CG4. For a peace of mind i'll order another JDM one with the rubber ring on it.

As for the calipers, my CG4 is from '98 and have double pistons calipers.

• Like 2