Subscriptions & Donations Γ—

oh! something from H6nda Central Control !

PTR200S

• Moderators

Just been experimenting with the spoiler for location on the boot lid. Is there a set of dimensions for drilling holes ?Β  Hmmm, just thought, didn't check inside the boot for possible locator holes...

The spoiler has been rubbed down ready for primer , might get to it later in the week.πŸ˜‰

• Like 2

• Administrators
11 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Is there a set of dimensions for drilling holes ?Β 

There are two recessed spots visible each side, highlighted in red in the picture and if you also look at the topic (post) linked below that might help too, click on the top right arrow in the link?

P1050314.jpg

The last spoiler I fitted I drilled blind into those areas and, pushed the cable almost fully inside the spoiler and dapped some paint on the connector to leave a mark on the boot lid to drill the cable hole and it all fitted perfectly took me 20 minutes excluding the wiring if its not already present like it is on some cars.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Its been over a year now since I rubbed down the spoiler and blew on itsΒ first coat of paint...

Not sure what happened to the year, discussed elsewhere !! , anyway managed to flat back the first coat and add another colour coat..

Just got to wait now and then lacquer it over.....might even get to fit it once the Robins Nest has been used to its fullest extent !!

Pics to follow, might have posted something last year about initial prep,,,,but who knows, been a year !!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

This was last year ! bit of primer.

spoiler_7.jpg

spoiler_11.jpg

spoiler_12.jpg

spoiler_13.jpg

Β 

Β 

Flatted and washed

spoiler-15.jpg

spoiler-14.jpg

Β 

After that episode the spoiler disappeared into the ether only to turn up nearly a year later....!!!

after a flat down and more colour upto here now.

This the underside, top will be inspected tomorrow to see if I dare publish the pics !

Next week will be the lacquer I think...

spoiler-16.jpg

spoiler-17.jpg

Β 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hughezee said:

maybe drill the holes in the coupe ready,

Not sure the incumbents in the front of the car would appreciate all the drilling !!

Seriously though, once the Robins have upped and left I need to get those holes drilled so I can tidy the holes and paint as required.

Do the standard boot lifts cope with the extra weight or are they different units?

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Do the standard boot lifts cope with the extra weight or are they different units?

There's no variant on the tension bars although they were revised, some cars lift ok with or without spoilers or some don't, age & wear thing.

• Like 3