Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Elysion Wipers.....

st123

• Moderators

Be interested to see how they get on over time...... I elected to go the Bosch route as i did with the Tourer.... They are ok but not as good as ones i have had in past, don't make 'em like they used to !!!

• Like 4

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, st123 said:

when i had the frv i used genuine ones and they lasted about 2 years

The odyssey ones are still fine TBH but when I do need them don't want to make do with an alternative that costs the same and only lasts six months...

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 years later...
  • Moderators
On 3/9/2019 at 4:21 PM, st123 said:

cox honda

How are you getting on with the Honda wipers ?

I was thinking about it when I was driving in a biblical downpour on the M6 last night !! Wipers on full and just coping, rear wiper on as well....dirty buggers, Elysion!!🤣🤣

Probably need to consider changing the front ones.....apparently the 28 inch version will fit the drivers side rather than 26 inch..leave passenger at 24 inch though to prevent wiper having intimate relations !!!!

• Moderators

In the interests of the members I have ordered a Heyner wiper just to see if they are any good...we have discussed the, sadly, deteriorating quality of the popular blades like Bosch and Michelin elsewhere....just got to try something else.  

I want to see if the 28 inch blade is a suitable upgrade for the standard 26 inch blade on the Elysion driver side, the wipe area is a little bit short at the top of the screen...maybe an inch will help......swmbo says it will.....🤐🤐🤐

• Like 1

• Moderators

OK, new wiper fitted today, had to take the old wiper to arm bracket off the Bosch wiper as , despite about eight different fittings, the Heyner one didn't fit the Elysion arm as its pretty long on the return curve of the arm and the Heyner bracket is too short.

Blade feels good and the extra inch of wipe at the top of the screen now clears water from in front of the dash cam. 

It's made in Germany.....apparently....

Testing this week !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Moderators

It's now a year down the line since the Heyner blade was fitted....

This morning I noticed it is getting really noisy, not so much shuddering but a general noise overall. 

It's still cleaning efficiently but is coming to the end I think....

Not sure what to replace it with as all wiper seem to be crap now ,,,or is it the road deterioration, pot holes, surface stones etc creating detritus that gets on the screen and wrecks the rubber ?