Subscriptions & Donations ×

1999 Accord Coupe SRS Module "FAILURE"

hughezee

• Administrators

A first, for me on the coupes at least, seen this fault plenty of times and simple system reset solved it, however, this time I wasn't so lucky ? and the SRS controller was caput luckily I had a replacement I have had stored for a few years taken from my first ever coupe, yes my gold beast is our second V6 for those who didn't know. ?

20180913-171134%5B1%5D.jpg

Disconnected the battery and a couple of false starts to clear any residual juice as recommended by the UK 6th generation service manual when messing with the SRS or ABS electronics and as pictured above some extensive disassembly is required to access the unit. ? Checked part numbers all matching (FYI two versions) and swapped over the unit and SRS light went out straightway, Job done.? 

Any Questions just ask as I think I have the same issue on another coupe coming back to HQ very soon.?

• Like 2

• Administrators

You can attempt to reset yourself using the paper clip method, although your battery could be the issue as it always went low very quickly when I had your car, this will trigger the SRS light sometimes, I have a couple of good used spares if you want one buddy?

I Know its LHD but the RHD everything is in a similar location just on the opposite side....

• Like 2