Subscriptions & Donations ×

Roof Rust RepaIr 2005 -2010 KB1 Honda Legend 3.5 V6

hughezee

• Administrators

I hope Geoff doesn't mind me sharing these pictures but it wasn't really the cars fault or Hondas build quality but in fact, more bathroom sealer filling the water channel put there by an idiot. ?

20180629-141621.jpg20180630-133718.jpg20180701-211835.jpg20180701-211807.jpg20180702-100848.jpg

Also, the Paint Geoff purchased didn't match grrr, thankfully my neighbours Nissan was a near perfect match and I had some paint left over from that job.?

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Yep, unfortunately, it would appear that ‘BATHROOM R US’ fitted the windscreen and used some spare silicone sealant all around the windscreen!  Unbelievable.  Anyway, Lennie’s roof is now rust free and luckily the Nissan “Dark Blue BW9” is a perfect match.  ?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Misdiagnosis followed by an absurd repair really winds me up! ?

People like that should be forced to ride a unicycle with a metal replica of an upside down Cornetto for a saddle! That way the "saddle" can do their posterior what they've been doing to cars for far too long! :lol:

Glad you sorted it properly Stu - bit dubious about the Nissan paint but i daresay it's a closer (certainly geographically) match than Vauxhall Ruby Red was on my Series III Jag XJ6 Sovereign! That was a very good match colour wise though, a bit like your Nissan/Honda Blue! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

To be fair, the Vauxhall Ruby Red was a good match on my Jag as well Geoff and if the Nissan blue is as good or better, you would be hard pushed to see it i would think. Here's a pic of my Jag, see if you can spot where it was painted with the "alternative" colour :

Scan003September062011.jpg

• Like 1